About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, August 7, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #61 – Mowing and Visiting and Shopping

  

Monday, August 3rd, 2020…… Today was spent working on the boat and also cleaning up the shop. It had been awhile since the shop had seen a vacuum so I took care of that today. I did also finish up the painting on that cabinet for the garage. I got that installed and the fishing tubs are all now in their new home. I want to mow but will wait until tomorrow when Kirk brings back the second lawn tractor. I have not been spending much time on the photo scanning project. I think I burnt myself out on round one! But since I am about 75% complete, I will need to get that going again.

I fixed another light meal and that was it for the day. Tv until bedtime.    

Tuesday, August 4th, 2020……  I got up early this morning and had Rylee out and walked pretty early. Sis came by and brought me some fresh eggs. She also brought Quincy to spend the day because Linda was coming today to clean her house. She left her here and then I left to go get breakfast. I hung around the house for part of the morning and then went out and got the black tractor gassed up and ready. Kirk and his guys showed up (with the orange tractor) and I texted my sister that that mower was here now. She came over and got on it and did the field for me while I did the lawn. Easy job today. It wasn’t that long ago that we mowed, and the field is now drying up from the summer temps so we really didn’t have that much grass to pick up tomorrow. Mostly on the lawn area. Tonight, I decided to make a rice dish for dinner and Rylee helped dispose some of that. I do still have some for lunch for tomorrow though!

Since the weather here has been warm, I decided to do a little improvement on my lawn tractor. It just needed some air conditioning so I designed and installed this……! 

 

It works great – just hard to steer!  Just kidding. I found this on facebook and wanted to share.  But I am getting excited about getting the new one now. Don’t have an eta yet but soon, I hope!       

Wednesday, August 5th, 2020……  I waited until the grass got dry before going out and working on getting it picked up. I didn’t have enough grass in the field to bother with and only got one load from the yard so I did that by myself and all of that went into the trash so no yard waste run for me today.  I texted Teri and asked her if she wanted to go to breakfast with me again. She said yes so I will be picking her up to go to Elmer’s tomorrow. Later, Penny called and said they were going to dinner at Conversion Brewery and asked if I wanted to go. I had a late lunch but who can turn down a brewery!  I was in and left and met them there. They had light meals and we all tried their brews. They also tried a dessert pizza. It was ok but Coberg Pizza’s is way better!

Thursday, August 6th, 2020……  I got up early and walked Rylee and then showered and did some laundry before leaving to go pick up Teri. We said she wasn’t working until noon so we had time to go on a little road trip. I chose Elmer’s in Albany and we headed there and had a nice meal. It’s nice to get out and visit with people now and then. Once we got back and I got back home, I played with Rylee and gave her a treat and then headed back out to Albany. I was looking for boat seat pedestals and tiebacks for the curtains I had installed in the master bath. I was also looking for boat carpet. I found the tiebacks at Big Lots but neither Home Depot or Lowes had the carpeting. I found two pedestals at Coastal Farm and Ranch but I need four, so I will probably order those online. I got back home and rested and had a late lunch and watched some tv. Later, because I wasn’t starving, I had sandwiches and chips and a couple of fresh pears for a dinner snack. I went online to Walmart.com and found the boat pedestals and got them ordered. I also worked on some more photo scanning. Then it was tv until bedtime.     

No comments:

Post a Comment