About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, August 24, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #66 – Getting Ready for Family

 

Friday, August 21st, 2020……  This morning I woke up to clouds and a grey sky. But it was pleasant temperature-wise. I got Rylee out and walked and back in the house before it sprinkled. But it never really got anything wet. I made myself some scrambled eggs and ate some more of those tasty tomatoes. I needed to go out and repair that sprinkler riser that I broke yesterday. It turned out that it was just unscrewed from the base! It went back in easily and I felt lucky! I came back in and then texted Frances to see if she needed anything from the store. She is planning some meals (Lydia’s recipes!) and I thought I could get started with this visit to the market.  I got her list and took off and got that task completed. Later in the afternoon I headed over and got my hair cut. I’m set now!  Teri said she was heading off to La-Z-Boy. She wants to buy a couple of recliners and they have a two-for-one sale going on. Hope she finds some that are in stock because I’m still waiting for them to get mine in. It takes a while and I was told there were several folks ahead of me waiting for that same chair. Oh well, at least it goes into a room I don’t use that often so I can wait.  My sister dropped off Quincy for another sleepover. She was getting up early to hit the annual Lebanon City yard sale. The chamber of commerce publishes a listing by address of those folks participating and there must have been 80 places on that list!                   

Saturday, August 22nd, 2020……  Not much going on today. I did manage to get up early and got Quincy and Rylee out and walked and then fed and then went out and got breakfast for myself. After that, I did some cleaning around the house. I had some races to watch and I relaxed and enjoyed the rest of the day and actually fell asleep. Not good for me because that usually makes it hard for me to sleep at night.  Sis came back a little after noon and was done with her yard sale shopping. We sat around and talked for a while and then she took Q and went on home to rest and I finished up watching my races. I fixed dinner and then watched some more taped shows before calling it a night.  While I was watching tv, I saw something on a renovation show that caught my eye so I froze the screen and took some pics. I have plans for the dining room wall now!.....

Sunday, August 23rd, 2020…… It took a while but once I fell asleep, I slept great!  I had nothing on my list for today except more races on the Sunday schedule. Penny called later and asked it I wanted to go to Dos Arbolitos for dinner, and to invite Teri. She and I drove there and we met Penny and the three of us had a nice meal. I brought Teri back to the house and showed her my new mower. She had only been here once to visit Lydia, so she got the tour again. I showed her the progress on my boat. When I get it finished, I’ll have to invite her out for a ride on the lake!  We sat and talked for a while and then she went home, and I settled in for the night.     

Monday, August 24th, 2020…… I got up early this morning and showered and dressed and then took Rylee out for her walk. I didn’t have anything planned today except maybe find a poster frame and a glass place to get the window for the boat replaced. I drove to Corvallis and headed north and just kept driving until I got to Monteith and then went to Dallas. That is where Paul and Alice are going to live. Their house is supposed to be done sometime in November. Dallas is a pretty good sized town. I found a Walmart there and stopped in and go the frame. I worked my way back to Albany and went to another glass shop there. They looked at it and measured it and gave me a better quote than the other place in town. This is not actually glass, like the rest of the windshield. This is the piece on the windshield that opens to allow access to the front open bow seating. It’s poly carbonate plastic so it won’t break. But it is definitely pitted and needs replacing. I needed to go back home and remove the poly carbon from the frame and return it to them so they could get it into their schedule for the week.  So, I came home, drilled out the pop rivets, removed it from the frame, and jumped back in the truck and took it back to them. They said probably a few days. Yeah right! I am learning about Oregon time!  I got back home and heard from Frances. She had previously told me was going to surprise me by shipping a case of my favorite burritos (Ramona’s), but that wasn’t working so she will try to bring them with her on the plane. I will bring an ice chest just in case she gets them through TSA! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment