About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, August 3, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #60 – Boating and Trailering

  

Friday, July 31st, 2020…… Not much going on today. Weather is still hot but getting better. They say next week will be in the 80’s again. Kirk came by this morning to pick up the mower. I will be needing it back again for next Tuesday. He and I will be going out tomorrow morning to take the boat out to Foster Lake. I hooked up the boat this afternoon. The trailer lights don’t work but I’m not spending any time on them since this is the last time I will use that trailer anyway. I just need to be careful and have him follow me there and back. I went out once today in the truck to get the tables back from that yard sale. I hear she did ok. They sold my lights for $30.!  I got back and got everything put away and then had Rylee out in her pool when the Fed Ex truck pulled in. He had my new trailer tires and wheels!  So, I spent some time and changed them out.  It was way easier today because the boat would be on that trailer tomorrow so the timing was perfect!

Light dinner and then tv until bedtime.     

Saturday, August 1st, 2020……  I left it up to Kirk who had one lawn job to do today. He could come here before or after. He chose to come early. He stopped and brought us breakfast and we hooked up the trailer to his truck and we both took off.  We only had one or two boats in front of us so we got in the water pretty quickly and with no issues. I took us around the lake and we had a nice time. There are tons of places I will be trying when I come back to fish now that the boat and trailer are good to go!  We got back to the docks and Kirk brought the trailer down. I struggled a bit getting it lined up but we did it and headed home. We put the boat in the garage and took off to Bigfoot Grill for lunch. I wanted to thank Kirk for all of his help today. He needs to get his fishing license and we can go again. After getting back home and resting up a bit I went out and checked out the trailer. It needs a few adjustments and maybe an alignment railing system of some kind to make trailering the boat easier. 


Now I can concentrate on the inside of the boat. I want to put carpet in and change the seat pedestals and maybe add a bass platform seat up in front.  Fun projects.

I had to take Rylee over to her pool and play with her. I also plan to take her out to the lake soon and get her used to the water and swim a bit. Maybe she will like the boat too!

I made myself a light meal and settled in watched tv until bedtime.     

Sunday, August 2nd, 2020……  Nothing on the agenda today. Sis texted and asked if I wanted to go out to breakfast. We went out to Shirley May’s and had a good meal. Once back and by myself, I decided to move into the sewing room and watch my race that I had taped in there.  A relaxing day. After dinner, I spoke a while with Sandie and then settled in for the night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment