About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #87 – A Nice Hike/Walk & A Couple of Nice Meals Out

Saturday, November 14th, 2020…… Rains again today. So, no working on the truck and no working on the window sealing. Weather is supposed to be better tomorrow. Sis has asked for us all to get together for lunch today. Cherrelyn is really busy with work right now and is lucky to be able to leave her room during the week and most weekends. But today she is ready for whatever!  So, we all met at Dos Arbolitos where we all had a nice meal. Our upstanding governor (?) has closed the state, effective on Wednesday, and all restaurants will go back to pick up and take outs only, so we wanted to give this place some support. Plus, the food is excellent!  Cherrelyn left for a drive and the rest of us went back to our respective homes. I didn’t have anything to do today so I just hung around the house most of the day.      

Sunday, November 15th, 2020…….  We’re getting a short break in the weather today. No rain. So, I decided to take Rylee out to Waterloo Park for a nice long walk. I asked Teri to go and she met me here and we drove the 5 miles to Waterloo and she showed me this really nice huge park and campground, tucked back in with just a tiny sign and driveway. I was shocked because I had driven by this place dozens of times and didn’t notice it before! We spend about an hour just walking and enjoying the quiet. There were several rver’s tucked back in here, most looking like they will be staying for a while.  After we got back, Teri headed back home. A while after that, she ended up going on her messenger on her computer to ask me if she had left her phone here. It was in my car so I drove it over to her. I ended up volunteering to put that cabinet together that she was going to return and now will use instead since the one she wants is not in stock. She will switch out the old one (which you can’t see in this picture)

but it will fit right in with the new setup. Aside from her chair and mat and the lighting (which she wants to change), everything else is brand new. The desk in the background will get the same drawer treatment as the one on the left, which came like that and is really pretty. She also will paint the drawers on the new piece and that should complete the makeover.  

We got that done and I headed back home for the day. I watched football and Formula 1 racing. F1 is the only series still running for their season.

Monday, November 16th, 2020……  The rains are expected for today but not supposed to be bad, just light rain. I had Rylee out and walked and came back in and fed her before 8:00am. I texted Teri and asked her to breakfast and met her at Shari’s (similar to Denny’s) and we had a nice meal. It is her mom’s birthday today and Mom and niece Michaela were coming later to visit Teri and also would be picking up some furniture for Michaela. I said to let me know when and I would come load it for her. She texted a few hours later and I went over and helped load her old La-Z-Boy recliner, and a side table in Mom’s explorer.  I stayed and played with Grizzly and Misha for a few minutes then headed back home for the day. The skies were clear for a few hours so I got out the vacuum and cleaned out the truck and got the new floor mats in plus put in some new seat covers that I bought just because I thought I would like them. I got them on and they look nice so we’ll see… I was done for the day. I fixed au gratin potatoes with ham for dinner and later watched Dancing with the Stars. One more week to the finale. I like the show alright, but just wish that Tyra would not be brought back for next season! She is a piece of work and a terrible host!

Tuesday, November 17th, 2020……  This morning was my acupuncture appointment. She had personal business on Monday so she scheduled me for today. I went in and got that done. I am trying different diet and exercise and, along with the acupuncture, although not gone completely, I am noticing less headaches and earaches lately.  Kirk and Carter came today and braved the winds and the sprinkles and worked on the weeding in the front yard. Teri was heading back from an appointment and suggested that we try the new food truck in town. It’s called Hangry Solutions. They have home cooking and specialize in poutine, which comes in many versions. I ordered the original Hangry.  It has hand cut fries, brown gravy, and cheese curds. It was a large order and a heart attack in a box!  I only ate half but it sure was tasty! They have salads, wraps, baked potatoes, burgers and sandwiches. We will be supporting them through this shutdown.  We ate in the car and fogged up the windows with all of the nice hot food while it was raining and getting colder outside. She left for home and I did the same and came back and settled in watched tv until bedtime.   

No comments:

Post a Comment