About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, December 21, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #95 – Getting Ready for Christmas!


 

Wednesday, December 16th, 2020……   No rain so far today, but it’s coming!  Nothing major, just some showers off and on for the day. I have many things on order from ebay and amazon and some have arrived.  As I mentioned before, we are doing a different gift exchange where we each buy gifts for ourselves that will be considered from family. Most of the online orders have been received and I have picked up others from the store.  I had some clothes on order from JCPenney’s and they came yesterday. So, I added them to my regular laundry and got those going this morning. I made myself some coffee and breakfast and watched on tv our governor talk about the vaccination process and how it is going to roll out here in Oregon.  They even went live to OHSU in Portland and showed the medical staff all getting their shots. I hear that a lot of folks are worried about these vaccines, but I am definitely going to get my shots as soon as they are offered to me!  I ate dinner and watched the finale of The Amazing Race and also the finale of The Masked Singer. I missed out on the Mushroom, but I got both the Crocodile (Nick Carter) and the winner, The Sun (Leann Rimes). So, out of 16 singers, I got 5 correct. Not so good.   

Thursday, December 17th, 2020……  Cloudy and showers are expected again today (and for the rest of this week). Today I was headed out to Albany for some shopping. I needed to go to Costco and, as usual, found more than I was looking for. I got back home and got everything put away. I only have two more gifts to buy – gift cards for Kirk and Carter.  Sis has already bought them a couple from her. Kirk may be coming over for dinner on Christmas eve but, if not, we will figure out how to get them to him. I need to go to Walmart but I will save that for tomorrow.  I missed out on a home cooked meal from Teri (my bad) and ended up fixing one of my stuffed salmon pieces, which was very tasty. I watched Thursday Night Football and then went to bed.    

Friday, December 18th, 2020…… We haven’t seen rain yet today. The sun actually came out for most of the day!  I took advantage and went to get breakfast. I was going to Jack in the Box but drove by Kevin’s and saw activity in there. Turns out they were open for take outs. I stopped and went in and got my usual breakfast to go. One more stop at Starbucks and I went back home to eat. I didn’t have anything planned, and, since it was a nice sunny day, I took off to go to Garlands Nursery. My realtor, Aimee’s company, gives out cards for a free paperwhite plant, so I wanted to get one.  Not knowing much, I asked and was pointed to them and given a 3-minute training lesson on care and placement. I stopped by Dos Arbolitos and got gift cards for Kirk and Carter.  When I got back home, my sister came over and dropped off gifts for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We found the two older plants and she cleaned them up, only to find they still were alive!  They are on the right and the new one is on the left.


Hopefully, I can watch them more now and keep them all alive! I ate quesadillas for dinner and settled in for the night of tv.

Saturday, December 19th, 2020……  Quiet weekend planned. The rain has a lot to do with my activity. I can always drive around and get things done, it’s just that if I can wait, I usually will. Plus, weekends have always been for relaxing. That goes back to my working days (9 years ago). I did take off before 9:00am to go to Lowes in Albany to meet up with Kirk to give him mine and Penny’s Christmas cards. When I got back, I watched several football games and did some more work on my spreadsheets for my races and such. I find the schedules online and then convert them to a Word or Excel document so I can customize them. Then they get printed and put into a workbook, that I can flip around and find that particular race to tape and track winners, etc.  I have one each for Nascar’s three divisions, plus IndyCar, Formula 1, Tour de France, Supercross, Motocross, Little League World Series, Barrett-Jackson Auctions, Mecum Auctions, AGT, and Masked Singer. I also have full books each for Survivor, The Amazing Race, and Dancing with the Stars. I have records from the beginning of each of these!  Yeah, I’m sick!  But at least it keeps me busy!  Later, I ate another one of my stuffed salmon meals for dinner and settled in for the evening.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment