About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, January 6, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #2 – On the Road Again!


 

Saturday, Jan 4th, 2020…… We got up and got rolling around 8:30am. The drive from Redding to Fresno was no biggie. Just the rough roads on the 99. Don’t miss that! We wanted to go to Riverland Rv Resort just south of town. But when we did some calculating, we decided to drive ahead to Bakersfield and stay there. It takes 109 miles off of tomorrow’s trip. Yes, it was a long day today but I was good to go. The water pump is working again. I’m not sure what I did so if it happens again, I going to still be stumped The Honda is still dead when we pull into camp. I changed the fuse for tomorrow but I’m thinking that the plug-in to the car has a bad connection to the hot wire that charges the car. No power – no charge! I will have two days in Indio to work on it. Once we checked into Bakersfield RV Resort, we got everything set up and working and fed Rylee and walked over to the campground’s restaurant and had a nice dinner. Once we got back and I had Rylee out for a nice long walk, it was time to come back in and relax until bedtime.
 
Sunday, Jan 5th, 2020…… I showered last night so we could get an early start. The next campground (Indian Waters) does not allow check-ins before 1:00pm but that will not be an issue. Even though we are leaving early, I anticipate the usual Sunday traffic going through LA area.
After we got up and going, I went out and tried to start the Honda. It needs to run so you can go through the gears before towing. No luck. My jumper cables are in a storage area in the back of the car and the back hatch was locked!  I had to borrow jumper cables from a neighbor. But we got it started and we got out of camp at 8:30am and headed up and over the grapevine (no issues – just slow climbing).  It turned out to be a lot lighter traffic day. We got into Indio and into Indian Waters RV Resort. They gave us a back-in so I had to unhook at the office. But I asked the parking crew for a jump and they got me started. Our friend Mike was there and drove the car to our site while I parked the rig. We have 5 rigs in camp today. The remaining 7 will be in tomorrow. On Tuesday, we will all caravan over to the fairgrounds so we can all be parked together for the rally. It was nice to see everyone again. We spent time visiting and getting caught up. Later, Gary and Lorna, Rick and Janie, and us went out to Islands for dinner. We had a nice meal. Once we got back to camp, we settled in and had a good night’s sleep. It will be nice not to have to break camp and drive.   

         
Monday, Jan 6th, 2020……   We slept in a later than normal and I got up and got showered and got going for the day. Nothing much to do today. I made us bacon and eggs and Lydia relaxed in her chair and then got up and got her shower. It went ok but she needed to get her foot back up pretty quickly. The rest of our coaches showed up later in the day and got parked and later we all had a short meeting to discuss plans for caravanning to the rally tomorrow morning. The arrival time is now 8:00am (from 10:00am) so we have to now get up and going earlier than expected. No worries for us. I needed to clean up my battery terminals and I got that completed today. Maybe we will be good now. I won’t know until we break camp at the fairgrounds next Sunday. Janie and I went out and did a little shopping. I bought myself a new pillow for my bed. Thanks for the Bed Bath and Beyond coupons Janie! While we were out, we also stopped and rented Lydia a wheelchair for the week. It was only $50.00 and we can use it all the way up til we leave Catalina Spas next Monday. It will make going to seminars and luncheons and dinners (and to the spa later) easier for her. I made us steak burritos and after I cleaned up, I showered and picked up most everything in the rig so I won’t have too much to do tomorrow morning. We watched tv until bedtime.    

No comments:

Post a Comment