About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, July 31, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #59 – Back to Normal & Getting the Boat Done

  

Monday, July 27th, 2020…… The kids got going around 7:30 or so this morning. They were ready and on the road by 8:30am. It was sure great to see them again – and both of them here at the same time!  Randy says he is already planning his next visit, maybe next month.  Today, they said they plan to stop in Ashland (OR) forest area so Randy can do a mountain bike run. Then they will head west to Hwy 101 and go that way back home. Sis brought Quincy over just after they headed out. Her painters were coming today to paint her house. They had prepped it last week and she said nine guys showed up early this morning and started in. Q needed to be someplace quiet. Guess where that was!  I left them here and took off. I needed to have a day out and chose today. I stopped at Jack in the Box and got breakfast and drove north. Destination - Cabela’s in Tualatin.  But first I stopped at the Salem La-Z-Boy to check their stock. I found one potential but wasn’t ready to buy today. On to Cabela’s.  I wanted to check to see if they had any boat seats. Mine is still back ordered. Nope. I did buy the trailer light since I can’t find the one lost in the garage!  I took the long way back through Tualatin and then through Salem. I wanted to drive out to Dallas to see if I could spot the housing tract that Paul and Alice have bought in to. Aimee says Paul told her it’s new construction and will be done in late in the fall. But I changed my mind because I didn’t know where to look, so I just worked my way back home. I rested a few minutes and then went to work on the trailer. I stopped a few times to let Rylee and Quincy out and to let butthead run in the water and get in her pool (still in the low 90's here today). I managed to get everything installed and hooked up the truck and got the trailer lights all working correctly.  I ended up ordering the new wheels and tires from Walmart.com. They will be delivered here next week. My new plan is to have Kirk and his guys follow me and the boat up to Foster Lake with them bringing the new trailer. I will switch them out and then, when I get home, I can see what else I need to add to the trailer (maybe side boards for easier loading!).  l will see what his schedule is when he comes here tomorrow.

I made some burritos for dinner and then relaxed and watched tv until bedtime.      

Tuesday, July 28th, 2020……  This morning I slept in a bit (6:30am). Maryanne texted some photos on their way home down the coast so I heard the texts come in and got up to see.


 

 

I took the pups out for their walk/run/poop and them got them fed. Sis came by and got Quincy. I then headed out for breakfast. I stopped first at my sister’s house to see her new paint job and also to hang her address numbers above the garage. Here’s the old color (this was from the garage sale a few weeks ago)

 

And this is the new color:

 


On the way home, I stopped and got some stainless carriage bolts. Silly me, I didn’t know they had them in stainless so I bought the regular plated bolts and then found these stainless bolts last week. Duuhh!  I moved the trailer out of the garage and put it on the rv pad. I also got the boat out and the cover off. It was still clean!  I ran water in a trash can under the motor so I could see if it would start.  One pull on the choke and when I turned the key,  it started right up!  So, then I got anxious to see one of the new seats so I got inside and changed one out. I’m still waiting for that fourth one to be delivered from Cabela’s but I may go ahead and put the other two in tomorrow.  I spoke with Kirk today and asked if he would like to take a few hours off one day and go out in the boat with me. Of course, I am putting him to work – he will tow the new trailer with his truck so we can make the switch when we are done boating. He thinks Saturday will work. I will take that even though we may have a crowd at the lake on the weekend.  I also measured my utility trailer when Kirk brought it today. It has been on loan to him for some time now. It would just sit here so I’m glad to help. I needed to check to see if the new mower will fit in it in case I have to go pick it up from Tractor Supply. It won’t so I have asked him to check his friend’s trailer to see if that one is wider. If not, I will have to check into getting the mower delivered.

I had butthead out again a few times today running in the water and laying in her pool afterwards to cool off. Temps are still in the 90s so it’s good for her to cool off especially if I am outside working and she can just lay out there in her pool and keep cool.  I spent the rest of the day catching up on my laundry. While doing that, I also caught up on my taped Mecum auction shows. That was 22 hours spread over the last week but I cleared all of those so now I can watch other stuff…

Dinner tonight was a parmesan chicken pot pie. I also ate some of the leftover salad fixins and then cleaned out and dumped some of the leftovers that we have accumulated in the fridge this past week. I need to go shopping again and have to make a list.    

Wednesday, July 29th, 2020……  After walking butthead, I left and got breakfast and came home and caught up on my bills and spreadsheet.  Then I had some errands to run.  I took tables over to my sister’s friend’s house for her yard sale starting tomorrow. I will take the four carriage lamps that I have since replaced on my porch and garage. They work and I can probably get $30. for the four.  Of course, Rylee is still craving her pool runs! She will come and sit by my chair and just look at me. “Time for pool, Grampy!” And, of course, I always give in.  It’s good to keep her running which also helps with her weight. I always try to work outside after that so she can air dry and sleep in the grass. I still need to clean up the shop but found another project I want to do before I clean everything. I have a cabinet in the shop that will fit perfectly in the garage and will be used to store my fishing tubs.  But I will have to modify it and move the middle shelf for everything to fit. I got it out and up on the bench and saw what I needed for that job. It will also have to be painted but I have all of that stuff already.

Since it’s been hot up here, I don’t have that much of an appetite. I always try to will eat a good breakfast though, but maybe will only have a light meal later in the day. Tonight, I had made tuna salad and fixed that for dinner. Then it was tv until bedtime      

Thursday, July 30th, 2020……  This morning I got up and got Rylee out and walked and then fed. I left and drove down to Tractor Supply in Junction City. I wanted to double check with David, the store manager, who is working on my Cub Cadet Zero Turn Mower which is on order, to see if it was scheduled for delivery there or at my house. It’s going to be delivered there.  I don’t have anything wide enough to haul it myself so I wanted to check on my options. David wasn’t in yet so I spoke with Brian, the assistant manager, who told me they do have an employee who works on his days off delivering with his truck/trailer. He will be getting back with me if he’s available and interested in giving me a price. They also have a trailer they rent out to customers used for hauling yard items from the store. It’s only $15.00 for 4 hours so that is what I’ll probably do. I also signed up for their member program that also reassured my getting the 10% military discount. Once that was done, I headed home and relaxed for a while. Not much else going on. The blueberries are 90% done now so I’m working now on the grapevines. Last year I didn’t have that many grapes. But this year, they are everywhere!  I think I overwatered them last season. There has been no irrigation out there up until yesterday and I will only be watering maybe once or twice a week.  Later, I went out and got burgers and fries for dinner and settled in for the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment