About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #78 – Going to the Movies and Moving Furniture

 

Friday, October 9th, 2020…… The weather is now turning cooler. There is rain coming in tonight and it’s supposed to last for a few days. That will be a big help for the firefighters.  Rylee is still looking at me wondering if I’m still mad at her for taking off across the street. I almost can’t help but laugh. She is so sweet!  But I had to hold my ground yesterday for a few hours just to let her know I’m upset. I don’t expect it to work because she is so stubborn!

I have Quincy here today. Sis is coming back later to feed them because Teri and I are venturing out to Eugene to go to the show. The theater there has recliners and they block off two seats on each side and they have the crew going in with those sprayer machines.  Here's some pics from their website….

 




We saw The War With Grandpa, which was really funny!  I’m just glad that the shows are open and they are starting to have new releases again! After the show, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner and then headed back home. It was a nice day!     

Saturday, October 10th, 2020……  Today I wanted to surprise Teri with donuts.  After all, she did that to me the other day! She hadn’t had her first appointment come in yet so the timing was perfect. I dropped them off and then headed off to get the oil changed in the Honda. I waited in the rain because they only had two guys working today. They apologized and got me done in quick time and I was out of there. I came back home and then decided to take apart the entry door from the garage into the house because it was sticking pretty badly. It was the throw bolt that was worn out. I was planning on replacing it all but I found that they had just the throw bolt by itself at Ace Supply so I bought that and I think I had it all back together in two minutes. I still want to replace the unit with something other than polished brass so I will look for something later.   

Sunday, October 11th, 2020……  It was going to be a rainy day so today was another day to hang around the house. I watched races and lounged around and did pretty much nothing all day. Meanwhile, Teri was looking on Marketplace and found a winged table that she thought would fit in her small place. When she texted me about it, I suggested that I could meet her there and we would just put it into my truck which turned out to be the way to go. The rains were gone and the sun was out.  We got the table in and I left and went home and settled back to my races for the rest of the day.  

Monday, October 12th, 2020…… Today I wanted to try the new prime rib breakfast sandwich from Carl’s Jr, so I texted Teri to see if she wanted to go with me. Not as good as we expected. After that, she asked what my plans were. I told her I would like to go to Lowes and look at locks. She said she wanted to go to Costco so we just left from there and went.  I bought some new bath sheets (I like those extra large ones!) and also bought some Asian pears and bread and a flashlight for my sister. We went to look at locksets at Lowes and then headed back and I dropped her at her house and headed home and rested for the day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment