About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #81 – More Family Time and A Fun BBQ!

Wednesday, October 21st, 2020…… The weather is in the 50s today, so not too bad. I had Rylee out and walked and got her back in and fed. Sis came by later and dropped off some groceries for the bbq on Saturday. We discussed going to pick up Tamara and the girls from the airport tomorrow. I will drive because she doesn’t feel comfortable going up in the afternoon Portland area traffic.  Later, I went out to the shop and made some supports for Teri’s desk. I made one in prefinished black and one that I painted white. I also made some shims to use as needed. She worked in the morning and then went off to run errands which was perfect because the paint needed two coats and time to dry. I fed Rylee and then went over later in the afternoon and got the parts installed and then came home for the day.  

Thursday, October 22nd, 2020……  I had another early appointment today, this one with the acupuncturist in Corvallis. That went well and I felt really good!  I stopped and got breakfast on the way home and then rested for a bit. I pulled the boat out into the sun (not too much but brighter than the garage lights!) so I could work on trimming the carpet that I had just installed. I got just the first cut done when I decided to wait until I could get a carpet knife and a better straight edge for the job.    

Friday, October 23rd, 2020……  Today’s appointment was the first with my ENT doctor. I drove to Corvallis and found his bldg. and checked in. I was there to see him about my lack of smell plus my sinus headaches and stuffy nose issues.  The meeting went well. He gave me a few shots of Afrin which immediately dilated my sinus cavities and allowed me to really breathe deeply through my nose! He scoped the whole thing and only found one small pollop, which he doesn’t think would be hindering my sense of smell. He wants to do an mri to confirm all of this. That should be scheduled for next week sometime. His recommendation for now is to use a nasal spray for at least one month to help with the passages. I told him I have only used the Flonase for a few days at a time so this may help in that area.   

Saturday, October 24th, 2020…… Today was BBQ day!  I have the house ready and also the garage is cleaned out. This is where I set up the pumpkin carving stations. I had a tarp on the floor and trash cans and bowls all ready for the folks to use. Butch and Cherrelyn drove their cars as did Teri. Penny brought Tamara and the girls, Cassandra and Lauren. Teri brought her grandkids, Olivia and Emmett and they all got started. It was fun to watch as they all had their own ideas as to what they wanted to create. I spent the time taking pics

 






and bringing in specialty tools (drills with spade bits and an oscillating blade for whatever they needed). The results speak for themselves…..   



Janice got there too late for the pumpkins but joined in for the rest of the party. I cooked veggies, dogs, brats and burgers and I think everyone had a great time. And the food was pretty good too. Teri and the kids brought Rylee a new rope toy. She says “thanks, I am hap with dis new toy!” A really fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment