About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #3 – Dealing With the Rain and Covid Testing

        

 

Saturday, January 9th., 2021……  This morning I slept in a bit. It wasn’t raining so it was chilly outside (34º).  I had Rylee out and walked and fed, then came in a worked on my last post and got it published. I hung around the house for the first part of the morning. Cherrelyn had already washed all of the pots and pans and loaded the dishwasher (thanks, Sweetie!) so all I had to do was run it and then put the rest of the handwashed dishes and pans away. I left about 9:45am for my appointment in Corvallis at Olufson Jewelers to pick up my St. Christopher medal which was done. It turned out really nice. Cost ($50.) more than I expected but I would have paid more because of the sentimental value and I’m glad I can wear it again. 

After I got back, I cleaned up a bit from the party, and then settled in and relaxed for the day. Teri said she was feeling better but I wanted her to rest at home so we didn’t plan anything today. I had a nice lunch so I only heated up some steak cubes for dinner and watched tv until bedtime.       

Sunday, January 10th., 2021……  I was up early and showered and had Rylee out and walked and fed before 7:30am. It sprinkled a bit while we were out and I went ahead and changed my shoes because I got them wet when I ventured in the deep grass to pick up after butthead. I texted Teri. She was just getting up and said she was doing a little better. I asked but she said she didn’t need anything. I want her to rest today. I got breakfast and coffee and came back home and ate. I decided that I would finish up on my workbook with all of the scheduled races and events for the year. I buy a spiral notebook for each year and affix the race schedules to the pages. Here are a few pages from last year….




I watched the three remaining playoff games today. That was about it. I fixed the rest of the steak and had the last of the lobster and a baked potato for dinner. I was able to get Rylee out for a while today since it turned into a sunny afternoon. She ate her dinner and crashed on the couch while I watched football.    

Monday, January 11th., 2021……  Today was my acupuncture appointment. I took off after walking and feeding Rylee and headed over to Corvallis. After my stick and poke, I headed over to Lowes and checked out their DeWalt saws. Yes, I am looking for another tool! Sis called me and said she is not feeling well. She has a call in to the doctor to go get a covid test. She said Cherrelyn is feeling bad too.  She also said she will be calling Butch and Janice to see how they are. Jeremiah and Kayla are fine. I am feeling ok. After my acupuncture I always feel relaxed so I was doing ok. Until later, when I felt achy. I spent the rest of the day hanging around the house, just in case. Penny went in to the drive-thru testing facility and went back home to rest.    

Tuesday, January 12th., 2021…… Wow, was it windy last night!  We had gusts that hit the back porch and I knew I would find branches out in the field this morning!  The rains have stopped and I got Rylee out and walked without any problems. I am feeling fine but sis called and told me she was still feeling bad. She has lost her sense of taste. I stayed in and relaxed all day just to be safe. I have an appetite and can still taste so hopefully I’m good.  

Wednesday, January 13th., 2021…… Penny’s and Janice’s tests came back positive.  Cherrelyn is still not feeling well. Butch is going in today for his test. I am ok but have still been taking it easy, hanging around home all day. She has convinced me to call my doctor, which I did. They asked me questions about exposure and got all the timeframes. I didn’t isolate completely but I haven’t seen anyone except the folks at Starbucks but that’s all through plexiglass so I haven’t really had any contact with anyone since Friday. So, it’s been four days already. Didn’t hear back from them today.  I had a chicken bake for dinner and watched The Masked Dancer before calling it a night. I first thought Miss Moth was Omarosa and saw a clue that she went to BYU, so I googled Elizabeth Smart and knew it was her. So far, I am three for three! I think The Sloth is either Mark Balas or Derek Hough from Dancing with the Stars.  I think Cotton Candy is Tara Lipinski because of the red lips clue in her package. We’ll see. I think The Zebra is Oscar DeLahoya, The Tulip is Dorothy Hamil, The Hammerhead is Carrot Top, and The Cricket is Ian Zerling.  I’m not sure about The Exotic Bird. I’m thinking she is Lisa Leslie because of her height. Still watching for more clues.     

No comments:

Post a Comment