About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #5 – Not Much Going On…

 

Monday, January 18th., 2021……  Day 4  Still no symptoms. My doctor’s office has been sending me a daily questionnaire via their database system (mychart). The questions are about coughing, fever, and such. My answers are still the same. No symptoms. Fingers crossed!  With each day, I find myself feeling tied down. But I know better than to take off, even for just a drive. The weather here is rather chilly so I don’t feel like going outside, even to the shop, so I have been doing absolutely nothing.  I guess I could clean house…. But, you know, Not! There’s always time for that!  Saturday, I received a metal sign that I had ordered that I really liked.

                                    
I will be putting that up somewhere for sure!   Like I already said, I have been working to clean out the freezer. I have had some interesting combinations of meals but that’s what it will take to get everything eaten.    

Tuesday, January 19th., 2021……  Day 5  Doing well. I had Rylee out in the cold. Did I mention it was cold?  My thermometer showed it at 32º when I walked her at 7:30am!  I’m wearing my sweat pants for that for sure! Again, not much going on. Tv and playing with the dog – that’s my life for the next week!   

Wednesday, January 20th., 2021……  Day 6  No changes. The sun is out but it’s still too cold to go out and do anything this morning. I may venture out this afternoon and work in the shop. We’ll see. Meanwhile, I watched the inauguration and then ran the vacuum and cleaned up the dust bunnies all around the house. Later, I watched the Tuesday supercross race in Houston and then after dinner, watched The Masked Dancer. I missed out on The Cricket. I didn’t guess Brian McKnight.

Thursday, January 21st., 2021…… Day 7 Another really boring day. I haven’t had any contact with a single person since the last trip out to Walgreens. I have been living with all of the freezer food and canned food and bagged and boxed items in the house. I am still ok but will run out soon. No problem with Rylee’s food and treats. I have been binge-watching Friends and have caught up on almost all of the taped shows. I still have several movies that I have saved that I can watch.   

No comments:

Post a Comment