About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #4 – Dealing With Covid

 


Thursday, January 14th., 2021……  Doing ok today. Feeling well. I walked and fed Rylee and then went to Starbucks to get coffee. I heard back from the doctor and have an appointment at 11:50 this morning for a covid test. The doctor’s office told me I had to quarantine for either 10 or 14 days starting after the test, depending on the results being positive or negative.  Bummer.  I thought it was from exposure, which is already six days!

I drove there and got that nasty swab up my nose!  But it wasn’t too bad and I was back home in a few minutes.  

Sis called me to say that Butch has also tested positive. He has type II diabetes so he has some special concerns. None of us have had any covid shots to date. I’m told that if you test positive, you have to wait at least 30 days after recovery to be able to get the vaccines.      

Friday, January 15th., 2021…… Weather here is cloudy and yucky. But not too much rain. I   received an order from ebay today. I ordered four hubcaps (inserts for the wheels really) and I got those installed today.



 

Later in the afternoon, I finally received my call from Lebanon Hospital – I tested positive for covid. I now have a ten-day quarantine, starting from yesterday morning. So, today is officially Day 1 of a 10-day lockdown.  I also heard from my doctor and also the CDC, with advice and questions about how I was doing and what to expect. I talked with Frances, who confirmed what I had heard - she thinks I will now have a 30-day period to get through before I can get the vaccine. I also heard that you have between a 30-to-90-day immunity, but I don’t think everyone is on the same page at this stage of the game. Either way, I plan to hunker down and ride this out. I had to drive to Walgreens but went through the drive-up window. Since I was out, I took butthead for a car ride and got a selfie waiting at the drive-up window….


Later, back at home, I looked through my groceries around the house. I have more than enough to eat for a few days but will eventually get an order together for Walmart delivery. Sis does it often so I will make sure I get her help on my first order. Before I do that, I will at least get to the freezer clean-out project I haven’t done yet. That will let me know what, if any, frozen food I need.

Saturday, January 16th., 2021……  Day 2 of lockdown.  No change in my health. Other than a headache when I woke up, I still have no symptoms. Penny said she is feeling better. No word on the others. I spent the day watching football, auctions, and supercross so I stayed interested. I fixed stuffed salmon for dinner and had Rylee out a few times to run (and get dirty in the mud!). Heck of a day! 

Sunday, January 17th., 2021…… Day 3 of lockdown.  Still no issues. I am taking my temperature regularly but it is right at 97.6 almost all of the time. Janice says she had chills and body aches and I had felt chilly on Saturday night a week ago but nothing since then. Here’s another crazy rumor – they say that people with asthma have lessor symptoms than those who don’t. Tammy (my mail lady) had it and so did her husband. She was pretty sick and lost smell and taste and he has asthma and he had no symptoms through the whole 10-14 days! If that’s true, it would be the first good thing to come to us asthmatics!  Go figure!  I spent another day hanging around the house just watching football and my taped Mecum auctions. I fixed tamales for a light dinner and settled in to tv until bedtime. I did take some Tylenol PM for a headache and to help me sleep.    

No comments:

Post a Comment