About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #22 – Enjoying the Sunshine and Working Around the House

 


Saturday, March 27th., 2021……  Another stunning day! I was up and out with Rylee and did our walk. The sun was out and the winds were non-existent so after I got back from getting my breakfast, I loaded up butthead and we drove over to Cheadle Lake for another adventure. This time we went from one end to the other (probably 2 miles round trip).  I still have more to take in but I’ll save that for next time.  After relaxing a while, I went out and pulled the boat out of the garage (into the sunlight!) and put the last two seats in. Then I cleaned out the tools, loaded back the anchor and ropes and the life preservers, and re-installed the bimini top, and then covered it up and finally moved it back under the carport, where it belongs. I re-installed the jack on the new trailer and that was done. I just need to get some material to wrap the trailer wiring into a harness.  I hosed down Rylee (again) and came back in for a while.   My neighbors all are out working in their yards. Three of the six are mowing today!  Dang it!  My grass is way too wet for that. I’m always the last one on my block to get to mow. Oops, I forgot about one - the neighbor to my right in the Victorian, who doesn’t mow at all and always waits until the end of summer to have someone mow his three-foot-high weeds! I watched my auctions and then turned on the tape of the Bristol Nascar truck race. Only I found out they are having trouble with the dirt that they added for this weekend and they won’t race until they figure out how to not blow the right rear tires off of the vehicles which sliding around on the dirt will cause. It’s on hold until tomorrow along with the Cup race. I hope they figure it out! But I still had plenty of hours of Barrett-Jackson to watch. I ate leftover pizza for a late lunch and just had a salad for dinner.       

Sunday, March 28th., 2021……  Nothing planned for today. I made coffee and had scrambled eggs for breakfast and hung around the house for most of the day. Rain is forecast but not anything big this time. I think we’ve seen the last of the large fronts. I hope anyway!  I need some time with clear skies so my yard will dry out! My Nascar races were rained out today and rescheduled for tomorrow morning.

Monday, March 29th., 2021……  I had a few tasks to complete today so I was up and out early with Rylee. I then headed off to Albany to Lowes and Home Depot and Harbor Freight. I was looking for ramps for the new trailer. The ones that were included are four foot long. They are heavy duty and store well under the trailer, but just don’t make it easy for the tractor to load on. The blade assembly, even though I can adjust it up as high as it will go, will high center when it gets to the top of the ramp. A longer set of ramps will make the angle better. Harbor Freight has them so I picked up a pair. I got them home and was going to assemble the angle iron on the end but didn’t like the hex bolts as you have to run over them. I thought carriage bolts would work better. I will head off tomorrow to get those.  Nascar races and taped programs until bedtime.

Tuesday, March 30th., 2021…… I took off again this morning and went to Walmart for a few things. After that, I drove back to meet up with Kirk. I was going to have him clean the gutters on the house but couldn’t remember that so I had him and Justin clean up my compost pile in the woods behind my property. It actually is part of the property but is on the other side of my little creek. Over the years, I have had the guys dump all of the clippings and weeds out there where it would just blend in but they mostly piled it up just over the creek, so I asked them to go back and spread it out, Kirk says I have a ton of usable compost so my sister will want to come get some for work she is planning for her flower beds in the near future. I came back in and rested for a while. I had decided to go ahead and hit Wilco to get those bolts for the trailer ramps and came back and drilled out so they would fit. They are done and should work well. You can see the difference from the short one.   

I just need to figure out a way to lock them on the trailer bed. I thought about it and will get some coupler locks like Randy bought for the trailer hitch on the trip up here. They should do the job. I came in and rested for the day. Later, I made spinach and lobster ravioli for dinner. It looked good and tasted great!

 

Tv until bedtime.     

No comments:

Post a Comment