About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #27 – Out With the Ladies & Adding More Toys to My Shop

 


Friday, April 16th., 2021……  I was up early this morning and showered and was ready to go out with the monster doggie. But sis came over with Quincy so I let her out to play with them.

We fed them and then she took Q home. I hung around the house for a bit then went to Albany. Today I was needing to go to Walmart so I stopped at the Albany location. I hit their fishing department and bought a few things and then went to Fred Meyer looking for more artwork, and also at folding step ladders. Sis got one at her last yard sale and it is still here. I like it and I want one like it, except I want a four-step, and I want it made from aluminum. Found one but now I need to check online and compare prices to see if they are cheaper there. I got back home and Butch and Penny were there. They had come over to shoot the shotgun again and were just finishing up when I got home. We visited a while and then they headed out.  I came back in the house and got back with Dominique (via text) and we decided I will go to her home and pick her up to go to breakfast. She has a window of time because she has some kids coming to help her box some stuff later on Saturday. She has to move a bunch of stuff out of her house temporarily so that an electrician can do some work. She’s trying to buy this house from the owner but it’s in bad shape and the lady is only wanting to fix a few items out of her pocket and still wants more than it’s worth. Problem is, houses are now going to bidding wars so they will sell for up to $50k more than asking. She is trying to work something out and will do the work herself IF the price is right. Later, I spent some time on Match. I have been communicating with a lady from Albany, for a few days now. It’s going well and we will probably be meeting up in the next week for coffee or breakfast. We’ll see. Meanwhile, there are a few others that I have heard from that I haven’t got back to yet. I need to decide how to proceed with this….          

Saturday, April 17th., 2021……  I was up early from a text ‘like’ from someone on Match. But I needed to be up and moving anyway because I wanted to be on the road south by 7:30am. I walked and fed Rylee and headed out for my day. I got to Dominique’s house a few minutes early and she was outside with her dog when I pulled up.  She invited me to join their walk around the block then she put her pet in the house and we drove to Prairie Schooner.  We both had the chicken fried steak and she enjoyed it. After that, on the way home, we drove over to Lowe’s so she could pick up some boxes and tape.  I took her home and then headed back home myself. I had to let Rylee out and then came in and rested for a while.  I didn’t have anything else planned for today so I just worked on my blog, which I was behind on, and then watched motocross and Nascar races and then IndyCar qualifying for the rest of the day. I had ham and cheese and crackers for a light dinner and tapioca for dessert and I was good for the day!   

Sunday, April 18th., 2021…… More races today, so I didn’t plan anything. Typical Sunday. I did have a text conversation with my lady friend in Albany and we are meeting for breakfast tomorrow in Albany. More on that later…

I wanted to work on my fishing tackle bag so I did that in front of the tv. That was about it for the day and the evening.      

Monday, April 19th., 2021…... This morning I was out early with Rylee. We did our lap and I got her fed. The plan today changed from breakfast to dinner. Same place – Roger’s. So, I had the morning and afternoon free. I knew that last evening so I made arrangements to drive to Gladstone (outskirts of Portland – about 95 miles from me) to look at a Delta surface planer I saw last night on Facebook Marketplace and inquired about. We set a 10:00am meet and I headed up early, given the morning traffic. Turns out it was a lack of traffic, so I had time to stop at the 7-11 and get a soft drink before driving to his place. I ended up buying it, and also got a mounting plate thrown in as well. It runs strong so I’ll be curious to see how well it works. 

           

No plans for it yet except maybe for the barn door I want to build for the pantry. This might do that job!  I made good time getting back and had time to relax for the afternoon. I showered and set out to Albany to meet my friend. We had a nice time and dinner was good too. We ended up sitting there until they came around vacuuming the floors to close the place!  We’re both comfortable enough now after meeting to put something else together for our second date. When I got home I found I also had another one of my “likes” like me back and we texted back and forth and arranged to talk live tomorrow. More on this then….

  

No comments:

Post a Comment