About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, April 26, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #28 – Living in the Dating World & Buying More Shop Tools!

 


Tuesday, April 20th., 2021……  Again, a glorious day weather wise! Temps this week in the high 70s. Mornings in the mid-40s – all good! I had Rylee out in the sun and we had a nice walk. Funny - as used to the walk up and back on the block as she is - she sometimes finds things that rivets her attention. This morning it was our neighbor’s light post out by the street. They are on brick entrance facades on either side of their driveway and that hasn’t changed, but this morning she was fixated on one of them like it was alive! Crazy dog!

Kirk was coming by today and I went out and met him and Justin and I directed him to one of the island flowerbeds out front that needs some attention. We discussed weeding and maybe some light rototiller work out there to prep for mulch, or ‘bark dust’, as it’s known up here. I want to lay mulch in all of the front yard in the next few weeks. He’s going to get me prices for different types. There are several out there to choose from. The hemlock is sliver free, which is my choice. It comes in a couple of colors and since I did red last time (and it faded pretty quickly to a dull brown!) I probably will go with a dark brown this time if that’s available.

Later in the day, I got a call from the lady in King City, which is about 75 miles from me, but easy to get to. We had a very nice conversation and hopefully soon we’ll meet up (somewhere in between our homes) for a meal. Btw – she told me she posted under her middle name.  She is careful and wants a bit of anonymity.  There is also another lady who has expressed interest and lives here in Lebanon. I will be responding to her as well.  Since my King City friend and I talked for over an hour, when we hung up, I decided to order pizza for dinner and called that in and then picked it up. Tv until bedtime.     

Wednesday, April 21st., 2021…… I checked in on sis by text this morning. She called me right back. Yesterday she said she was down and in bed. I found out she is achy and has no energy to move. She thought it was from shooting her shotgun but something else may be going on because she has chills and is queasy. I took Rylee out for a quick walk, fed her, then headed over and took Quincy out for her walk. Penny said she is going to go to the er this morning to get checked out. Fingers crossed…

Ok, she is back now and went home and rested and then called me. They did at CT scan and said just some pulled muscles, no damage. Rest and pain meds. Randy and Maryanne MarcoPolo’d me and I gave them an update on her and on my dating 'exploits'. Then it was leftover pizza for dinner and then The Masked Singer. Tonight, it was a two-hour, double elimination show. I had already guessed Bobby Brown as The Crab and I agreed about The Seashell when I saw the TnT clue that it was a Mowry sister, but I wasn’t sure which one, so I’ll give myself a half a point for that one!         

Thursday, April 22nd., 2021……  I really didn’t have much planned for today. I have been busy on Match. They send me profiles and pics of ladies that have the same interests as I listed (hiking, movies, etc.) as potential matches and you either dismiss them or like them. Sometimes it’s hard to decide but after reading their profile, most times I can see where they are in their thoughts and in their life. Some of these ladies scare me – some for obvious reasons, but some scare me away because they have expectations I can’t meet!  But I am enjoying myself and have responded to several as ‘likes’. I’m going slowly now because I’m already communicating with three at one time! Now THAT scares me!  Later in the evening, I was on Facebook Marketplace and found yet another power tool for my shop that I must have! So, I texted the guy and arranged to go look at it tomorrow.  I also asked my lady friend in Albany if she wanted to go on a day trip with me. She said yes and, after some ideas back and forth, we decided to go to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum in McMinnville. That’s where they moved the spruce goose. We set that up for next Wednesday.     

Friday, April 23rd., 2021…... I had an 11:00am meeting with the guy with the bandsaw. I was out of the house with butthead and then back in with my paper and fed her and read the news. I decided to head up early and take the scenic route. Turns out, this place was about 5 miles from the last one!  Still, it was another 75-mile drive one way!  As I said, this time I was interested in a band saw. I didn’t want one of those huge ones (not yet anyway!) so this one, which is a table top model, for $60. was perfect!


It worked as it should and I bought it and loaded it up and headed back home. I was curious so I drove back down through King City, where my friend said she lives. We are planning on meeting somewhere in between if/when we get together, but I wanted to see how far each of us would drive just to see the other.
 I’m so torn about meeting with different women at the same time. I certainly don’t want to hurt anyone but I guess I need to see this through.  I got back home and unloaded the saw and took Rylee out for a while and then rested for a bit. I talked with my lady friend from Lebanon and we made plans for breakfast tomorrow here in town. Tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment