About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, April 30, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #29 – A Great Date & Working in the Yard

 


Saturday, April 24th., 2021……  Today was a breakfast date with Cathy.  Wow, I really like her!  We had such a nice time and she is very easy to talk to and we have a lot in common. She has also recently lost her spouse.  We ate and talked and talked and then both of us had to get on with our days so we said goodbye. But there is definitely a spark there and I think both of us felt it!  I went on to Albany and went to Coastal Farm and Ranch and picked up a couple of parts for a cable I am building to attached to a wild seed tree that has sprouted on my island. I actually like where it has sprouted but it’s not growing straight up and needs a little persuasion. What I bought enables me to put tension on it to aid it for a while. I got home and was pretty much done for the morning. Bill and Debbie, my sister’s friends from Calif. are up in the area again visiting family, and are staying with my sister tonight, leaving for home tomorrow. They will be stopping by here and we are planning on going to dinner at Gametime. They got here early so I could show them around. My zero turn and the boat trailer and the flatbed trailer are all new to them so we saw those and then headed off to eat. Cherrelyn joined us and we all had a nice meal. Of course, butthead always enjoys people coming to visit her! After they dropped me off, I settled in for the evening and watched the Nascar Xfinity race and then called it a night.        

Sunday, April 25th., 2021…… Yesterday, we had made plans for a 9:00am meeting for breakfast at Kevin’s before Bill and Debbie had to head toward home. Just the four of us today, Cherrelyn slept in.  Afterwards they came by the house again. I had Debbie go through Lydia’s clothes and she found a couple of things and then they left to go back to Sis’s house to get their car and take off. I watched the Talladega race and relaxed for the day.  Later that evening, I talked with Cathy again and we continued where we left off yesterday. Again, I am enjoying her very much! She is flying out of town tomorrow and drove up to PDX to stay the night. I will miss seeing her in person but we will be talking while she’s out!

Monday, April 26th., 2021…… Today the weather was nice. We had a few small cells pass through here and we’ve had some light rain off and on for the past few days. But today the sun was out most of the morning with clouds later in the day.  I heard there were showers around but it didn’t hit here. My sister called and asked me if I would come walk Quincy tomorrow morning. She is still not feeling right and wants to go see her plastic surgeon about concerns with her reconstruction. She has pain that is not going away. They had an early cancellation and can get her in.  I left and went to Albany to go to Costco. I only had a few things on my list but came out with more than I needed!  I found the gazebo that I like for when I remodel my back porch and patio area. So, I took a pic

so that I can design for this size. More cell phone time with Cathy!  Yaay!

Tuesday, April 27th., 2021…..  I was up early this morning and had Rylee out, walked and fed. Then I headed over to go get Quincy for our walk. We did the long loop this morning so I got two good walks in early!  I got her back in and Cherrelyn was going to feed her so I headed back home, stopping to pick up breakfast on the way. I had that tree project to work on today. I rigged up the system and snaked it through the shrub and got everything hooked up. But when I cranked on the tightening buckle, the connection on the cable I made came loose. So, I am rethinking the process and will try again another day.  I spent some more quality time with Cathy on the phone. I have a previously made date with the lady in Albany for tomorrow and I openly discussed that. I find I feel a little guilty about now. I know I’ve found someone special with Cathy. But I’m not the kind of person to cancel so I’ll just have to see it through. Cathy understands.  That's a great sign!  Virtual hugs and we said goodnight.     

No comments:

Post a Comment