About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, April 12, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #25 – Getting Deliveries From Wayfair and Amazon & Getting the Truck Finished

  

Thursday, April 8th., 2021……  Another gloomy day. It sprinkled last night. There is light rain forecast for this morning. Sis and I are coordinating around the weather to get those two storage cabinets she got at a recent estate sale moved from the temporary location in my rv garage to her house. There was a break in the weather, so I loaded them up in my truck and went over to unload them and set them up in place in her garage. I’m sure they will get filled up quickly. Never turn down storage! Once that was done, I came back home and moved around some rugs. The rug in front of my washer/dryer got moved out to the garage. The bathroom rug got moved into the washer/dryer area. It is a 5x7 and fits that entry area rather nicely. I cut out the carpet where the floor heater register is so it looks like it’s always been there. The main reason for these moves is so that I could put the new rug in the master bathroom. I had picked this online from Wayfair so I was worried I wouldn’t like the color. Turns out it’s exactly what I wanted!

         

It looks really nice in there. It’s 5x8 and just fits lengthwise from door to tub, which I like. I got the house cleaned up a bit because Dominique was coming by to say hello. She was one of Lydia’s home care providers and we both took a liking to her right away. She was ending her workday here in Lebanon and texted asking how I was doing so we set up a time to meet. I remember fondly when she stopped in last time right after Lydia’s passing to check on me. Penny and Jody were here then and after we talked for a bit, we asked if she was interested in looking through Lydia’s clothes because they were about the same size. At that time, she got a small wardrobe which I was extremely happy to see. Today, we talked for almost two hours. It is so nice to have someone in the house that isn’t related, just to talk to! I asked her if she would like to look through what I have left of Lydia’s clothes and get some more items. She found a couple of pairs of shoes and a few tops that she liked that fit her well. I know Lydia would have been very happy to see her get these – rather than giving them to a goodwill or a salvation army store. I will eventually do that, maybe teen challenge or something similar, but I want to see what her friends in Calif. might want when they come visit. Anyway, we had a nice visit and I will be inviting her to join me for breakfast next time I go down to Eugene where she lives.      

Friday, April 9th., 2021……  Today I had my scheduled acupuncture appointment with Bonnie so I was up early and walked Rylee so I could go do that. After the visit, I headed off to the Toyota dealership in Corvallis to get some clips for the new bumper. These are plastic and are going to replace the old ones that are now 20 years old. When I inquired, the seller on Ebay said the clips would not be included in the order, so I thought I’d see if Toyota stocked them. I got six and found they were pricey at a total of $25.24!  When I got home, I found I had received a UPS delivery. I received another JCPenney's order and also the grill showed up! I opened the packages of clothes from Penneys and got those in the washer. I rested for a bit and then went out with the grill and checked the fit. Turns out those plastic clips were included, so I will be taking the others back for a refund! I think it took me about 30 minutes to get the grill and the remaining sidelights installed and everything was looking good!

             

I just need to check it at night to see if the headlights need any adjustments or not. Later, sis dropped off Quincy for a sleepover. She and Janice were heading off early tomorrow morning to an annual yard sale in Salem, so I got Q for the night and tomorrow.          

Saturday, April 10th., 2021……  Today, the weather was cloudy and threatened to rain, which was in the forecast. I took both Q and the butthead out for a walk/run before it was too wet for that. I got them both fed and then headed off to Eugene. It was short notice and Dominique wasn’t available for breakfast but I stopped anyway at my new favorite place – Prairie Schooner – for chicken fried steak!  This was the place Butch took us to last month and I was going to Jerry’s hardware just down the street anyway so why not?  It was as good as I remembered,

but this time I just couldn’t finish the steak.  After that nice meal, I headed to Jerry’s and looked around. I was going to buy rock salt but remembered that I had just stocked up, so I just walked around and looked. They have the best tool section I have ever seen! They have table saws on display that cost $8,000.00!  I don’t need one of those but hey, I can always look!  They have every electric tool known to man plus even stock Festool, which is a highline tool brand (that I can’t afford!) that you don’t see anywhere except on the tv remodel shows. I looked at their DeWalt display but turned away without anything. I left there and stopped at Tractor Supply on the way to Corvallis, where I returned my fasteners at the Toyota dealership. One more stop at Coastal Farm and Ranch where I had seen tie-downs for the new trailer that I spotted a few weeks ago, so I picked those up.  Once back home, I relaxed and watched the newest Mecum Auctions, which started Thursday from Houston. Sis came by later and got Quincy and I fixed Rylee’s dinner and then went out to the Hangry food truck and brought back a baked potato with chili and cheese for my dinner. I watched more tv until bedtime. Nascar races were rained out and will be on tomorrow.

Sunday, April 11th., 2021….. No rain today and none forecast for all of this coming week!  Yaay!  I don’t need to mow quite yet but I will keep that in my plans for maybe the end of the week. I made myself some ham and eggs for breakfast and hung around the house all day. The races were back on plus I had motocross from yesterday plus the rest of the auctions to watch – so I wasn’t bored! I made a couple of sandwiches for a late lunch and later put a chicken pot pie in the oven for dinner. I won’t eat again until tomorrow morning after my upcoming labs which are required prior to my infusion. My doctor has also asked for a full panel prior to my upcoming visit with him, so they have added that to the blood draw.  Oh yeah, I got a letter yesterday from my doctor saying he is accepting another position within the group and will be cutting back on his patients. Yep, I’m on his cut list!  I have now been assigned to an FNP – a Family Nurse Practitioner. Not quite a doctor but FNPs are allowed to exam, diagnose, and treat - very similar to a doctor. I guess I will go to my already scheduled appointment and meet her and see if I am comfortable with her moving forward. Options are to keep her or ask for a new provider.   

News flash!  -   I have been giving some thought for a while about going on to a dating website, maybe Match or eHarmony. It’s coming up on eleven months now so I think it’s time - and a lot of folks like me are feeling that we’re close to getting back out there regularly again soon. Plus, most folks my age will have already had both of their covid shots. I checked out Match and read up on their policies. I think I may put together a profile in the next few days. Tv until bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment