About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #78 – Garage Work Progresses & Ordering B-Day Gift


 

Monday, June 4th, 2018……  This morning I got up and moving pretty early.  First task today was to go to Walmart.  I needed some things for projects plus I got a knee brace that I wanted before our trip. I hit that section first and chose the third of four kinds that they had.  I had tried on two of the others when we were last there and wore them around the store but they weren’t comfortable so I didn’t buy anything.  This time I liked the one I chose and bought that one and wore it out of the store and ended up wearing it all day.  It made a difference but I was getting better anyway.  I just want to be sure to have full range of knee motion for the bike ride on Maui. I also looked for a garden wagon that Lydia wants for her birthday.  She enjoys her time out in the garden and she has seen these wagons used to carry her tools and also to haul clippings and such. Walmart sells them but only online so when I got back my sister went to Amazon and found one Lydia liked so we ordered it. I also bought another metal wrought iron plant hanger for the yard.  Lydia bought one of those bug zappers from QVC and it really works for us in the backyard so she went in and ordered another one for the front yard.  We needed another hanger so I got one. I got that one installed and plugged in and working so that’s done.  The drywall tapers didn’t make it today.  Something about one of the crew being out of town.  Dana said they will be here Wednesday, same day as the attic insulation guy. But they shouldn’t be in each other’s way.  Tim worked on a few small jobs while Dana worked on cleaning up the jobsite. Then they started prepping and laying out the area next to the garage for the foundation for the guest pad.  It will be 16’x48’ with 50amp and water. I’m also having him prep the area around it for gravel rather than try to maintain the small patch of field grass that’s there now.   

End of day 40....



Tuesday, June 5th, 2018……  Rylee was quiet this morning and didn’t get me up until around 6:30am so that was nice.  Once I got up and ready for the day I went out and worked in my shop for a bit.  Haven’t done much out there lately but I did want to clean it up a bit. Tim and Dana worked some more on the rv pad. He also moved the big pile of dirt from the garage excavation. My first plan was to have him haul it off but he suggested that he can distribute it out behind the garage and that will create a better drain field away from the building. It agreed and it worked and it looks good. I’ll have him do the same to the Walt’s old burn pile which he can also use his tractor to distribute out in the west forty. I still want to go out there with my truck and relocate all of the old logs that Walt left from a tree he must have cut down a few years ago.  He’s dumped old pallets out there and it’s overgrown so it needs help. But I’m still trying not to put any unneeded stress on my healing knee.  Later, we ate dinner and watched two of the four Guys Grocery Games we were behind on. Then we went off and watched our own shows until bedtime. Rylee got another full night on the bed with us.  Right now, even though she’s over 30 pounds, we hardly notice her on the cal king bed!    

No comments:

Post a Comment