About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #80 – Another Tractor, Final Electrical, and a Little Rain


 

Friday, June 8th, 2018……  This morning I got up early and played with Rylee, then fed her and went back to rest until I had to get up and get ready.  I was supposed to meet with Kirk today to go get our new co-owned tractor. Linda had arranged to get my name put on it as sold so we needed to go early in case something was wrong with it and we didn’t want it. The estate sale started at 7:45am in Lacomb, a little town about ten miles from me. I got there right at 7:45 but I guess they opened early!  My tractor was on hold for me but I wanted to look around too. They had a chain saw in one of the pictures on Craig’s List but as I pulled up, someone was carrying it over to the pay station. There were people eyeing the tractor too but I was the only one who could look at it. The guy started it up and it ran fine.  It’s a 2013 Husqvarna lawn tractor with a 48” deck.  The guy never cleaned it and also ran into something so that the front cover was bent. Kirk and I looked it over and decided to buy it. These things sell new for $1900. so it was well worth the $325. ea. that we paid for it. This sale was run by an estate service so I even got them to give me a receipt which Kirk can use as a business expense. I actually paid for it all but we owe Kirk for the yard work he’s been doing at the house which will equate to at least his $325. share. We got it loaded on my trailer and we brought it back to my place and unloaded it.  Lydia took off for her appointment with her nephrologist and then she met Penny and her neighbor for lunch. I stayed outside and talked a bit with the insulation guys who showed up to shoot the stuff in the attic.  That only took a few minutes and they were gone.  I came in and had a bottle of water and rested for a while (if you can call having a puppy resting!) and then went back out and got some soap and hot water and a scrubber to go clean the mower. When I was done, I took it for a lap to set the cutting blade close to the other one then took it back to the shop and parked it next to mine, and I gotta say, it looks pretty good!




Now Kirk can come get it whenever he has a job big enough for a riding mower. Meanwhile, Lydia and I can have races!  While I was outside working, the electrical inspector showed up. I guess the electrician told him the work was complete and he came the next day! Wow! He checked everything and wrote off the permit so we’re good to go for that now!  Later, Lydia got back and curled up in her recliner and took a nap.  I guess she’s still not caught up on her sleep! She said she had an excellent visit with the dr. and everything was fine. We went out later for fast food and then came back and relaxed and watched tv. I did go out and adjust the sensitivity of the motion lights on the small doors on the garage. They were coming on even during the day when someone walked too close. It may take a few tries to get them right. The security light at the top of the entrance does a really nice job and that’s good to know because I have another one to replace on the shop entrance when I get around to it. I had to do another round of tug-of-war and playing ball in the backyard with white lightening before we came in for the night to relax.  

Forgot to post a pic of the garden wagon so here it is…


       
Saturday, June 9th, 2018……  This morning the weather came in. It sprinkled a bit yesterday as was predicted, but today we got some serious rain! We even got thunder and lightning!  I’m happy to say that although Rylee was curious, she was not afraid of it at all! One thing I did find out since this was the first measurable rain we’ve had since we got her, she really likes running around on the wet grass and the wet driveway.  She does the Rylee 500, going as fast a she can until she drops down, exhausted! Of course I have to towel her down before letting her back in the house! Kirk went over to do my sister’s lawn this morning and then he was coming over here.  The rain was coming but he wanted to continue work here so he headed over.  The skies were really dark so we waited in the shop and he checked out the mower.  Then it came down! We were trapped in the shop for 30 minutes or so and then the sun came out for an hour.  He got to work fast and got a lot done before the skies darkened again. He left just as it came down. Tomorrow is predicted with sprinkles and Monday is supposed to be sunny and warm again.  Good thing – the cement pad pour is still on for Monday morning. We finished out the day cleaning up the house.  My sister is bringing her neighbors over.  First off, she wants to show them our place, and second, she’s asked them to be Daisy’s contact in case she needs any help with anything while she’s up here. Lydia worked on the wood floors and I vacuumed. Once I put the vacuum away I was done for the day and sat down to rest and watch races I had taped. She went to the store to get goodies for tomorrow and also got stuff to make tacos for tonight. We watched tv until bedtime.         

No comments:

Post a Comment