About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, June 15, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #83 – Last of the Cement, a Vet Visit, and Painting Starts!


 

Thursday, June 14th, 2018……    Maui Update – Less than a week to go! This time next week we’ll be waking up and living beach time. Look forward to enjoying those beautiful Hawaiian sunsets! Meanwhile, back in the states – we got up early again. The cement pour is scheduled for 8:30am but I couldn’t sleep. I was up and showered and out and ready to move the motorhome out to the street. I went out and got the satellite dish down and unplugged and put the coach out on the street. I did go and get breakfast and Lydia’s chai latte. When I got back the cement team was there. They backed their truck onto my back lawn and since it rained it was so soggy they buried a wheel in the grass! No worries, they just moved over to the compacted gravel pad that was done yesterday! The surface was compacted and it was solid but after they left, Tim went back over it with his compactor. This cement pour was pretty simple and went fast. They didn’t need a pumper since everything was close up for the dump chute on the truck.   



They were done and gone by noon. Lydia and I took Rylee to her vet appointment this morning. She got her last round of puppy shots and a clean bill of health. Dr. Hiett said we could cut back her amount of food a bit though. We brought her back home and Lydia took off to get her hair cut and I left a bit later too and took the tractor tire and wheel in and got a new tube put in (it was worth the $19.!).  I got it back on so it’s ready for whenever we decide to mow. So, later, after everyone left for the day, I decided to bring the rv back in, but this time I would park it on the new pad. I backed in and then headed in to the space.  I got parked with no problem but Lydia said I made a deep path with the tires on my way in. Boy, did I!



I left it there and opened the slides and hooked up the power and the dish but I will show Tim tomorrow to see what we can do to fix this.  Maybe we need a larger compactor. My sister is coming over tomorrow to help me finish up the weeding in the blueberry cage. I think I had a problem out there weeding. I have always been allergic to grass and weeds and I now have a serious rash on my wrist. I think it came from the first time I was out there. It’s been a week and it’s still really red and broken out and bumpy and it itches like crazy.  I have been putting nyacin cream and hydrocortisone cream on it but it’s not getting better. Lydia said it looks worse so I decided to head over to urgent care this evening to have it looked at.  I got there and found they are not open 24 hours and I had just missed them. I think I’ll go back tomorrow morning. I want some kind of treatment started so it gets better before the trip. We finished up the night very quietly. Rylee always gets a little lethargic after her shots so she settled down pretty early and we got to relax a bit.   
          
Friday, June 15th, 2018……  We had a nice night sIeeping. Rylee got a lot of sleep yesterday and was awake and ready to go about 5:15am so I took her out to potty and fed her but we went back to bed for a while before getting up for the day.  I ate breakfast and waited until the urgent care opened and went there. Wow, was it ever easy! I was fifth in line and got signed in and seated and in about 5 minutes I got called in. I met the staff physician, Dr. Tim Hindmarsh, who, turns out, his brother, Dr. Rick Hindmarsh, is my across-the-street neighbor. He looked at my wrist and thinks it was either a plant allergy (like I thought) or possibly resulted from rough housing with Rylee, who scratched me with her dirty paws (which probably came from the grass or flower beds). I got a prescription for Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream, which he said should clear it up pretty quickly. That done, I headed back home and by the time I got back, my sister had finished weeding the blueberry cage. Thanks, Sis!  I then asked Tim about the gravel pad. He told me they needed to pack the gravel some more so I will move the rig back out and let them do that but not for a few days. They got started on the painting today.  They color matched the walls, trim, and accent pieces on the house and shop and went and got the paint. They then got started taping the windows. Dana told me about the 20+ yr. old airless paint sprayer Tim got from his parents and the great job it does on these jobs. Tim used it for about 25 minutes before it started smelling and burned up and then stopped. So, now he will always be reminded that it was my job where he had to retire his old sprayer! They got all of the walls done today and some of the trim. Dana has to work at an archery event tomorrow but Tim will come and finish the job. The garage door gets installed on Monday and the rain gutters get installed on Tuesday. There are a few areas where Tim will need to work on but that should be a wrap. What prefect timing because we leave on Wednesday!  Lydia worked on putting her outfits together so she can start packing. I think she’s happy with what she’s done and actually got most of it in the suitcase. We (she) decided that we were going out to dinner tonight.  We chose burgers at the Bigfoot Diner but when we got there they were setting up for an outdoor rock band and it was chaos.  So, we finally came up with the idea to go try the 1847 Bar & Grill, which is located in the Best Western Premier Hotel and Suites in town.  We heard it was the best and we liked everything we had so we will definitely put it on our list for future places to dine. The weather here tomorrow is supposed to be warming up. They are even predicting temps in the 90s by next week. Summer’s definitely coming! Problem is our yard is still soggy from the really hard rains we got the beginning of the week.  But I think I can still mow the lawn so that is on the plans for tomorrow.               

No comments:

Post a Comment