About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, June 11, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #81 – Visitors and Cement!


Sunday, June 10th, 2018……  We got up about our normal time this morning.  Rylee slept on a blanket on the floor on my side of the bed. When I got up around 4:30am to pee, she wanted up but we all went right back to sleep! I got up and going and took off to get breakfast. Today was just McDonald’s 2 for $4.00 sandwich deal and coffee. I got Lydia a yogurt parfait and then went to Starbucks to get her a Venti Chai Latte.  After she got dressed and got going, she worked on an upside-down cake with triple berries in it. Meanwhile, I dusted the house and straightened up a few rooms that were cluttered.  Penny brought John and Mariglee over and we had a nice visit. Then it was rest and relax for the day.  I had some shows taped in the guest room so I watched those and Lydia watched her shows and napped a bit.  Of course, we both had to entertain the monster puppy off and on between her meals and nap times. Did I mention she’s grown a lot! She goes to the vet for her 4-month checkup and final shots and I haven’t weighed her but I’m guessing she’s 35 lbs now. We’ll see on Thursday.      
       
Monday, June 11th, 2018……  Ok, I weighed Rylee this morning.  I was close.  She’s 34 lbs. What a pig!  The concrete pour today was on!  I waited until just before they were supposed to arrive and then texted Dana to make sure before I started up and then moved the motorhome out on the street so the cement trucks and pumper could get in easier. This is round two of three separate pours.  Today they did the 16’x48’ guest pad plus the pad coming out of the east side pedestrian door. Pour number three will be the approach ramp which will tie in the building and pad to the existing blacktop driveway. I’m still debating whether to spend an estimated $2800 for yet a third parking pad close to the house. That amount would be for concrete. Or I can opt for an estimated $1200 to put compacted decomposed gravel there.  I have another week to make up my mind but I’m leaning toward the gravel. While the guys were pouring the slab, Tim and Dana worked on sanding the drywall joints inside the garage that the tapers left pretty rough. I was not happy! I don’t think this is Dana’s job. And I think Tim is going to call him back out to fix some of the wrinkled joints.  Now that I had the motorhome moved out, I could cut the lawn in that area. So, I took the new mower out and found that it had a low tire.  I got my compressor out and aired it up and cut that small area, which only took about five minutes.  But I noticed an hour or so after parking it back in the shop that the tire was down again, so I will have to pull it and find and fix the leak. My sister came over later in the day to eat with us (she actually went out and picked up and paid for dinner at KFC).  She is staying the night so we can see how best to work out sleeping arrangements for the two dogs. We’re both hoping that her friend can come in from Bend to stay at her house with Quincy.  Even if it’s only for a few days, that would make it easier for Daisy to deal with the dogs. Speaking of the dogs, they are not happy. The concrete needs a few days to cure before anyone can walk on it – even dogs, so they are restricted from running the full backyard. We ended the evening with Quincy cordoned off in our bedroom until bedtime when we brought Rylee in kept her on the bed. We put up the gate in our doorway in case she jumped off in search of Quincy.    

End of day 43.....      



No comments:

Post a Comment