About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, November 5, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #139 – Errands, Projects and Relaxing


 

Friday, November 2nd, 2018…... Lydia said she was feeling ok this morning. But she’s not dressed for the day so we’re not going anywhere. Or she isn’t anyway. I texted a guy on Craig’s List last evening who has some angle iron for sale. It’s cheap and he has enough for my project – utilizing the three shelving uprights I didn’t use in the workshop system. I need some load beams and these should work. I am supposed to get a text later today with his address and a time to meet him at his house.
But first I ran some errands. I took some clothes that Lydia has decided to donate to Safe Haven Thrift store. Then I went and picked up my prescription at the pharmacy. I’m trying a new asthma inhaler. I’ve been using Advair for 20+ years. But they now have more effective meds (i.e. Breo) that are less abrasive. Any of the old inhalers have potential for osteoporosis, which I have.  This one is said to be less problematic so I have one inhaler device to try for 30 days. 
I got the text a little after 1:00pm and headed up to Silverton (about 30 miles NW) and met the angle iron guy. I had brought my cutoff saw to cut the 15-ft lengths into 5 footers. I got that done and loaded and headed back home. I’m not sure yet when I will start that project but it can be done inside so maybe I’ll wait for a rainy day.
Lydia was doing well when I got back. She and Penny spent most of the day lounging around and watching tv. I got the truck unloaded and started thinking about the racks. This material is strong enough for what I need it for and should work well. I think I’m going to text the guy on Monday and, if he still has some left, go back and get enough to do the second one.        
                             
Saturday, November 3rd, 2018…...  Lydia and I had nothing planned but my sister had a busy day. I got Quincy walked and was out on our road walking Rylee when Janice came by to pick up Penny. They were going down to Eugene to a gem show. My sister is into rocks and stones and wanted to go see what they had. Like I said, we had no plans so we hung around the house. Lydia ventured out once to go back to the bazaar where she had previously found items to give out to our friends at Christmas. She needed more and they still had some. It was a short trip and she said she was up to it. Later, when the girls came back, we decided on dinner out. So, we went to Ixtapa where we all shared a combo platter. It was just the right size and was tasty. After that, it was relaxing time – tv then bed.    

Sunday, November 4th, 2018…...  I wanted to cut some of that angle iron stock and drill it and see how it will look. I plan to color match the uprights and will get a piece from the other unit to take to Home Depot or Lowes. So, after I walked the doggies, I went out and got three of the six pieces cut and mounted. That was enough for a Sunday! The rest of the day was spent relaxing and watching football and racing. The girls kicked back as well. They made a nice meal and we watched tv until bedtime. Today, Lydia said she was still in a bit of pain. She hasn’t been sleeping well but for some reason relaxing today made it better for sleeping. She was sawing logs when I came to bed. We’ll see how tonight goes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment