About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #140 – More Errands and Drs. Appointments


 

Monday, November 5th, 2018…... Lydia slept fine last night. Rylee woke us up about 6:30am. I guess she is adjusting to the time change too. She and Quincy get let out to potty and then I feed the mutt. I shower, then walk Quincy by herself out in the field. Then they let Rylee out to join us. The dogs run for a while and expend some energy, then I bring Quincy in and feed her. While she’s eating, I take Rylee out for her walk up the street. All of that each day. Then we can do our thing. Today, I chose to check with my angle iron guy and then go get two more pieces. Lydia was feeling ok so she rode up there with me. We got that done and dodged showers on the way home. I put the pieces in the shop and I was done for the day, except I ran a few errands and also picked up some items for dinner. We drove by Kevin’s and saw they were finally open!  We ate and then watched DWTS before going to bed.    
       
Tuesday, November 6th, 2018…...  ELECTION DAY! I’m so glad that after today I won’t have to hear or see any more commercials about candidates and measures! I still have to fast forward through those on my taped shows but that's no problem!

Lydia had another rough night. She was hurting a bit so she got up and took some pain meds and finally fell asleep. I let her sleep in this morning and slipped out and took care of the dogs. After getting my duties done this morning, I took my sister to Salem for her scheduled Dr’s appointment and we made good time both going and coming. They said everything was healing fine. She still needs to take it easy and take her meds and can’t drive or walk Quincy yet. They also did not remove any of her drains at this time – too early. That task done, I went out to the shop and worked more on the racks. Kirk was here today and Lydia gave him some assignments for the shrubs. She wanted some of them pruned up a bit. He always is great to work with and set out and got all of her work done. My sister and I went out again and went over to her house. Her housekeeper comes today and has a key but the screen was locked so we had to fix that. On the way home we stopped and got tortillas and then went to Subway and picked up lunch. Lydia is feeling ok, but napped throughout the day to catch up after last night. She made tacos for dinner and we ate and I cleaned up and we all watched our programs until bedtime.     

Wednesday, November 7th, 2018…...  Same routine this morning - except, we were going to Kevin's for breakfast! They opened Monday and we needed our 'fix' after it was closed (from a fire) for a year. The meal was as good as ever and pretty much the same staff is back again. Once we got home I had work to do... My tasks today were to go look for a miter saw and take apart one of the house garage night lights. It’s been blinking for a few days now. It’s LED so I didn’t expect to have to replace it at this time. I got it apart and took it to Corvallis to Batteries + Bulbs. They had a replacement and I bought two so the light will be the same. My thought was to go back and check the bad LED in the other fixture before I cut the wires and rewired the old plugs in. I did that and found out that it worked in the other fixture, so now I think it’s the light sensor. I took a pic of that and will have to go to Lowes or Home Depot and see if they have replacements (or go online if need be). The fixtures are really nice and I don’t want to have to replace them just because of a bad sensor. I checked Habitat for Humanity for a miter saw while I was out. My sister’s friend, Janice, has asked about buying one. I told her she could buy used and I would help her look and check out what we could find. HfH had one but I had found one I liked better on LetGo site. I called and didn’t get a response right away. I got home and did my cleanup of the lights until I could get that sensor. A few minutes later I got a text that the saw was still available and so I arranged to go look at it. I drove back to Albany and checked it out and bought it. I double-backed to Batteries + Bulbs and returned the two LEDs. I finally made it back home and was done driving for the day! Lydia made some of Tim and Dana’s halibut for dinner and we ate and settled in for the night to watch Survivor and then go to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment