About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #146 – Black Friday and Decorating for Christmas


 

Friday, November 23rd, 2018…...  Black Friday!! Although we have all of the required ads to look through, we didn’t have to go out super early this morning to shop for anything. The stores here don’t get the hysterical shoppers like SoCal, and there aren’t too many that even change their hours. Of course, a lot are following the new popular notion of being open on Thanksgiving, so that helps as well. Plus folks (including us) are doing a lot of shopping online. I did find an ad for a Werner 6-ft. step ladder on sale for half price ($35.) at Home Depot so I went and got one. It’s so much easier to have several ladders so I can put them in the garage, workshop, shop garage, and rv garage. That way, I don’t have to lug them around too far when I need one. I needed two of them today to use on the porch and the eaves on the house to put up our Christmas lights. Yep, today is the day! As I said before, Lydia won’t let me up on this roof so we are decorating the posts and the windows and I am putting the icicle lights on the rain gutters. I can get to all of those with a couple of ladders. I got some of them up today but ran out of daylight, so I’ll go back out tomorrow. Last year we only did the projector laser lights but that wasn’t enough, and we figured that since we are now here through the holidays, we would do it right. That was pretty much it for the day. We ate leftovers and relaxed and watched tv until bedtime.   

       
Saturday, November 24th, 2018…...  Rylee let me sleep in a few minutes later today! Yaay! Lydia even got up and fed her. But while she was doing that I got up and got ready and then I took the white tornado out for her walk. My sister was here but she was out in the west forty with Q, so I took Rylee up the street. Monster puppy loves to run in the drainage ditches and now more than ever since they have some water in them! I got her back without too much damage and found my sister was coming back in. I let Rylee loose and she went out and played for a long time with Quincy. I went in the house and later, Penny brought back in a big ole wet white dog covered in dirt! So, I had some cleanup to do while Quincy came in to eat. They left for the day, Penny having packed up some leftovers to enjoy at her place later today. I tackled the lights again. The weather was nice today. It started out in the high 30s but got up to the mid 50s so it was pleasant outside. I got everything done, but I stopped several times to take breaks and lunch. Lydia went over to my sister’s house to help her with some of the medical bandaging she needed help with. When she got home, I had her help me with the icicle lights. Turns out they went up pretty easily on the rain gutters, although, we had to repair a couple of them as we installed them. I made all of the electrical connections and we were done with the outside! I got the stars put up in all of the windows and we got everything put away. 


Next up is the tree and the inside stuff, but that’s for another day! After we rested a bit, Lydia made dinner and we watched tv until it was time for bed.
     

Sunday, November 25th, 2018…...  Absolutely nothing on the agenda today. Lydia made omelets and I cleaned up after.  After breakfast, we just did a few things around the house. I brought in the fall decoration bins and Lydia put all of that stuff back in so I could store it away. I was going to get down the Christmas tree and the rest of the decorations but I need to move the tractors so I’ll get to that tomorrow. So, it was just watching racing and football for me and catching up on taped shows for Lydia. 
This is the view we have of the back yard:


Took this picture today through that sliding door. That’s a good size buck! 


Lydia had decided that today was bean soup day. She used the big ham bone we had left from Thanksgiving and had that going most of the day. Here she is dishing it up. Monster puppy is 'hoovering' around the floor hoping for spillage!


We ate the tasty dinner while getting some more episodes of Guy’s Grocery games watched. Still not caught up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment