About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #92 – Chores and a Stove for Sale


  

Tuesday, Oct 1st, 2019……  Rash is still bothering me. My face looks better than yesterday but my arms still itch. I walked Rylee and then headed off to my dentist appointment this morning. Just a cleaning so I was done pretty quickly. I stopped and picked up breakfast and came home and ate. Lydia had already had her breakfast. I didn’t feel like taking the screen door apart today so that’s on hold for now… We didn’t have anything else planned except a trip to Costco for a few things. Kirk and his helper came by today and loaded up his truck and trailer and hauled the brush off to the dump. I stayed well away from that job!  Later, Lydia made salmon and crab (that we had just bought from Costco and split into a couple of packages) for dinner along with veggies. We watched a couple of episodes of Hollywood Game Night and then our own shows before calling it a night. I am keeping track of the MLB playoffs up until the Dodgers play. I’m still rooting for them to win one finally.

Wednesday, Oct 2nd, 2019…... Today, I started out with no plans for the day. But that soon changed.  Lydia left for her nail appointment, and I went out to the shop and finished up a project (planter) for my sister and then took some time to post our old oven on Craig’s List. 


I need to get it out of the garage and just didn’t get to it until now. Hopefully, it will sell. Then I went out and removed the sliding screen door so I could replace the screen. Lydia got back as I was working on the spline and helped and that went well and we got the project finished. We got it installed and now it fits and closes better with no gaps. Dinner was hamburgers and Red Robin steak fries. A little later, Lou came over with some apples from his orchard. We will get grapes for him for tomorrow.

Thursday, Oct 3rd, 2019…...  We decided to go out to breakfast this morning. So, I got Rylee walked and fed and we left to meet my sister at Kevin’s. I love that place and we got filled up today! After that, we were not planning anything for the day so we went back home and kicked back. But after a while I needed to do something. I had a few chores to take care of to keep me a little active today. I went out and gathered up all of the auto sprinkler timers – one in the blueberries and the others on the two large islands. Last year I forgot to do this and they broke during the freezing winter weather. They are safely tucked away for now. I also got the shop cleaned up after the planter and screen door projects. I am also thinking how I can move things around in the shop so I can keep the boat and the truck inside for the winter. I am still looking at metal carports and may do that for the boat but just in case…  
Later, Lydia made beef cube steak and gravy over mashed potatoes for dinner and we settled in and watched our programs before calling it a night.    

No comments:

Post a Comment