About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #96 – Mowing the Yard and Making a Sale!


 

Sunday, Oct 13th, 2019…… Another quiet day. I got up, showered and had Rylee walked without waking up Lydia. She still has had a tough time sleeping and wakes up with aches in her ankle area in the middle of the night. She uses a lidocaine cream which she says really helps, and takes a couple of Tylenol and then can go back to sleep.  I went out later and got us breakfast and that was about it for the day. My oven guy (Vern) called this morning and he’s really interested. He can’t get cash tomorrow (Columbus Day) so we made plans for him to come down on Tuesday.  It’s a 100-mile one-way trip and he seems interested enough to make the drive, so maybe we can do a deal. I spent most of the day watching football (Nascar race was rained out) and Mecum Auction. Lydia relaxed and lounged around, keeping off her foot. She made stew for dinner and it was perfect, given the weather!

Monday, Oct 14th, 2019…...  After taking Rylee out walking in the cold, I hit the ground running and headed off to get breakfast. My race was on this morning so I taped and watched that. Later, I went out and helped Lydia clean up the inside of the oven. She worked on that and I scrubbed the oven racks in the laundry room wash sink in the house. They were really grimy but cleaned up pretty well. We put everything back and I put a cover over everything and we were done with that task. Now if he comes, we can show him a clean product. Lydia fixed spaghetti for dinner tonight and we watched our shows until bedtime.    

Tuesday, Oct 15th, 2019…...  The weather is supposed to change later tonight or tomorrow. We are seeing showers in the forecast for the next several days.  So, I decided to mow today. Lydia said she would help but I didn’t want her using her foot so I did it all. Kirk and Cooper came over to work in the flower beds on the weeds. He asked if I wanted him to get the other tractor out and help with the mowing. But I was halfway done so I finished it up myself. Vern had texted yesterday that he would be leaving Portland area around 2:30pm. He sent me text saying he was on the road now and would see me soon. It was after 4:30pm when he got here. I guess he was ready to buy because it didn’t take long before he handed me $2000 in cash and I helped him load it up in his van. This is a high-end stainless-steel appliance and is super heavy!  I warned him we may need help but he came alone. But he did have a work van and a wide long ramp, and with my dolly, we managed to get it loaded up with very little issues. He headed back home and I came in and handed Lydia the cash.  It was late so we decided to go out to dinner. My sister had asked if we wanted bbq and that was fine so we met her at Oregon BBQ for a nice meal. Later, we came back home and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment