About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #91 – Dealing With Itchy Skin and a Bad Dog!


Saturday, Sep 28th, 2019…… Doing ok this morning. Still have the swollen face but it feels a little better.  Sis came by and brought Quincy to walk and play with muttley. She left the Q over here to avoid any conflicts because Kirk and a friend were coming today to lay down the pavers in front of her side gate. We had no plans today. I went and got us breakfast burritos and coffee/tea and we hung around the house most of the day. It has been cloudy and cooler today. Rain is coming. I watched a couple of races and later, we went out to get pizza. This time we chose James Gang. Since it was Saturday afternoon it was really crowded and noisy so we decided to order for take out. That still took over 30 minutes! Plus, some guy came in and picked up his order of 15 pizzas! He was dressed nice so we think it was for a church group or some family party.  We got home and dug in!  James Gang is no 5-star place – it’s pretty basic and shows its age. We still like Pizza Schmizza better, but I think I am now going to rank the pizza at James Gang higher. We really like the crust! The rains showed up as we were driving home but it is just sprinkles, hardly enough to turn the wipers on for! It did rain a little harder right before we went to bed. 40% chance tomorrow.  Between showers, Lydia let Rylee out to pee/poop and she saw Ollie out and took off.  I brought her back but she’s in trouble! 

Sunday, Sep 29th, 2019…... Nothing on the agenda for today. It is raining lightly right now and it’s expected to be like this for most of the morning. I got monkey butt out for her walk. But she’s on a tight leash after yesterday. After we got back, I stayed home and made coffee and breakfast. Lydia worked a little bit on cutting fabric for her quilting class tomorrow and I watched tv most of the day. The blotches on my face are red and swollen right when I get up, I guess from lying down, but go away after I’m up for a bit. But they are still noticeable. I still have blotches on my wrists and forearms and one on my hip. Those really itch but the prednisone is supposed to kick in and help with allergies and skin issues. I already have a dermatology appointment on the 21st to remove some moles/skin tags on my face, so I will definitely be talking about this rash!   Sis came by later today to watch tv with Lydia. During our blackout of CBS stations here last month, she had taped some shows in the motorhome because that is LA feed and was working. So, they made time today to go get caught up on their shows out there. When they came in, sis asked if Mexican food sounded good. Of course! We went back again to our new favorite place, Dos Arbolitos. This time, Lydia and I ordered their wet burritos and these are what we got…


It was delicious but we couldn’t eat it all!  Both of us brought half home. Sis left us and took Quincy and went home. Later, Lydia let Rylee out again and despite all of the work to get her to come back, she took off and headed out to the high grass way back behind the shop! I know she just wants to run and play but she needs to listen to us!  I was not happy because I had to go get her turned and headed back to the house. She did, with her tail tucked in. She got her butt whipped!  She knew I was mad!  When she knows we are mad at her, she looks so sheepish and so much wants us not to be mad, but we have to show her we are not happy with her when she ignores us! She worked her way back to my room and stayed at my feet and napped before bedtime. When we did go to bed, she waited a few minutes, then slowly worked her way to lay down on her blanket on the floor beside me.   

Monday, Sep 30th, 2019…...  During the night (I think it was about 1:30am or so), Rylee wanted out again. She did – on the rope – and then came back in. I wiped her feet and she came in and got up on the bed and cuddled up to me. She had her lesson and I can’t stay mad forever so all is good again. But now you know why I call her Butthead!
When we got up this morning, I showered and got going with her walk and breakfast.  Then, I took off and got coffee and my breakfast before heading over to my sister’s house to do some chores she had saved up for me.  I was there a short time and got everything done that was on her list. Then I headed off to Albany to get some more ‘dog rope’. The clothesline size I had was working well and was light so she could run with it attached, but it gets wet and then baked and eventually breaks down. She can snap it easily and I have to tie it up, so it was time for new. I hit our discount store (Wheeler Dealer) and found what I wanted, then went over to Lowes and got some more screen for the back sliding door. If you remember, some time back, we took out the doggie door and re-screened. But I had used a heavy-duty pet screen and it was hard to make sure the frame was squared - and it turned out to have a gap at the top of the door. This allowed room for bugs to get in, so I needed to replace it again. I got back and got everything unloaded. I had brought back a 20-inch log that sis wanted cut in half and each piece hollowed out enough to put a plant in there. I figured I could use a spade bit and found one that worked pretty well. I got about half of the first one dug out this afternoon.  But I will put that on hold and work on the screen first thing tomorrow.
Lydia made chicken and rice for dinner and we watched the last (or so we thought) of the Brady House Renovation series. It was a nice project and I think they did it right. There are two more ‘after-the-show-behind-the-scenes’ specials coming so we’ll be watching those as well.  We also watched DWTS. Lydia headed for bed but I wasn’t tired so I watched tv while I worked on this blog before calling it a night.       

No comments:

Post a Comment