About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, October 7, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #93 – Screen Shopping and Visitors


 

Friday, Oct 4th, 2019……  I got up early this morning and got Rylee out and walked and fed. The weather is kind of chilly (45º) in the mornings but warms up to the low 60s during the day. I’ve switched from sandals to tennis shoes but I’m still in shorts. A long sleeve flannel shirt works for now. My sister came by this morning to help me pick grapes. Lydia has a quilting class today and needs time to get things sewn up for that. I didn’t want to chance getting any more allergic reactions so I asked Sis to help. Problem was, we couldn’t find any more grapes! What we did see were tiny and won’t be ready for a while, if at all. So, Lou doesn’t get any this year. I got Lydia off and running to her class and relaxed and watched some of the Barrett-Jackson auctions that are held this week in Vegas. The Dodgers played their second NLDS game this evening but got beat. It’s tied right now 1-1. While Lydia was out, I ate my leftover hamburgers and didn’t want dinner. So, she fixed something and I eventually ate leftover rice. That was just enough. We watched tv and both of us ended up going to bed early. 

Saturday, Oct 5th, 2019…... This morning I was up early and, after walking butthead, took off and got breakfast and coffee/tea. Penny had brought Q over for her walk. We talked a bit about her front door screen. I had installed one for her last year that didn’t survive so much. It failed at the joints and the one side has sagged so much it’s painful to look at! She had decided long ago to replace it and I was happy to help. That day was today! We headed off to Lowe’s/Home Depot to shop for one. She wants a security-type door with a window/screen for air. We didn’t find anything at Lowes but they had what she liked at Home Depot. Problem was the specific one she wanted with the handle/latch she liked was not in stock and had to be ordered. She placed the order so now we have approx. two weeks to wait to get that going. Oh yeah, she took some pics of the planter that I made.


I came back home and found Lydia was gone. She had left me a text that I missed that she was going to Urgent Care to have her sore foot looked at. It’s been swollen and sore for a week now and it is time to have it checked out. Since it was Saturday, there was a good crowd in there ahead of her so the wait was long. She got in and they x-rayed it and didn’t find anything broken. Simple sprain. They told her to stay off of it for several days.
Later, we called and then met my sister for dinner at Bigfoot Grill. They now serve a pretty full menu and we wanted to try their steaks. I had top sirloin, Lydia had filet mignon, and Penny had ribeye. They were all good. They don’t do baked potatoes (yet) but they do cut/roasted potatoes, which I thought were excellent!  Pricey but we will order from there again.

Sunday, Oct 6th, 2019…...  Slept in this morning. Lydia took some valium some time during the night. She rarely uses anything other than Tylenol but she needed some assistance to sleep. So, she was relaxed and we both slept in which was kind of nice. I walked Rylee and when I got back, she had out stuff for pancakes and sausage. We enjoyed a nice breakfast and once I got everything cleaned up, were pretty much done for the day. I put on my sweat shorts and never left the house. We just kicked back and enjoyed the relaxing day. Sis came by and dropped off Quincy. Her friends, Luzmila and Jerith are flying in today so she wanted a night or two without the dog in the house. No problem – Q loves it here at her second home! Later in the afternoon, Chuck brought his tractor over and cut the west 40 field down. He had some time today so he wanted to get it done while the weather was nice. I think we are good now for the winter season for that field. I still will need to mow the yard and the back field a few more times since it’s green and growing with the rains we’ve had.  That will soon change…
Lydia fixed tilapia and potatoes and veggie medley and we had a nice meal and watched our programs until bedtime.   

No comments:

Post a Comment