About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, July 20, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #56 – Looking for Trailer Parts & The Kids Are Here!


 

Friday, July 17th, 2020……  I was up and running early today. The weather here is hot but not unbearable. Actually, I enjoy this time of year. I had Rylee out and walked and then went off to the store. I had a few things to get from a few places. I stopped and got breakfast and then headed back home. After a while, I went out and worked on assembly of the bolts and parts on the trailer. I bought some wiring cover to clean up the exposed wires and then decided to go ahead and paint the u-bolts used to attach the winch assembly. I had wanted to find new ones but no one here has them in either of the two sizes I need. Cabela’s has one size but I think I will just paint these and use stainless steel bolts. I am about 90% done with the assembly.
I heard from Randy and Maryanne today. They are on the road in the motorhome, heading up here. They are coming up the coast and should arrive sometime on Sunday.
Cherrelyn wanted to take us out to dinner tonight so I chose Loafers in Albany. They came and picked me up and we got there and she and I went in and put our name in while sis parked the car. We got seated outside and waited for a bit before someone decided we needed service!  But the guy was quick to take care of us and got our drink orders to us and checked on us often and got our appetizer out quickly. The meal was delicious. I brought home mac and cheese for lunch tomorrow.


They dropped me off at home and I took Rylee out for a bit then came in and crashed for the evening. I forgot to take my omeprazole before we headed out to dinner (Lydia always carried some with her for us) so I paid the price later in the evening with some acid reflux. Lesson learned!    

Saturday, July 18th, 2020……  I slept in a bit since I had such a tough night last night.  But all is good now. Today I spent some time on the blueberry cage netting, going back and adding some more staples and tightening up so the loose areas. I think I’m good now. I came back in and closed up the house so the air conditioning could take effect. One more trip to Ace Hardware and Coastal Farm looking for those u-bolts. Nope. So, I put another coat of paint on the old ones. Today we got close to 90º so I had butthead out in the pool and chasing the water hose. She needs the exercise and that helps her get cooled off!


This pic is from the porch so you may have to zoom in to see her!

After dinner, we went out again to the pool and then I went out to the shop and cleaned it up a little. That gave Rylee a chance to run around the yard and dry off a little before coming back in the house.  We spent the rest of the evening watching tv and relaxing until bedtime.     

Sunday, July 19th, 2020……  I got up early again this morning and got breakfast on the way to Walmart. I needed eggs and also bought a new winch for the boat trailer. I decided not to take the old one apart since a new one is only $32.00. The kids texted that they were on the coast, in Florence, and were heading up to Newport and then over to Lebanon.  They showed up around 10:00am and we got the rv parked and hooked up. They are planning on staying out there tonight. Sis came by and we all sat outside and visited for a while. Cherrelyn is up in Portland with her son today, so we all decided to go out and do a linner. We chose Pizza Schmizza, which is always good. We got back and came in the house and rested and watched tv until bedtime. Both Chuckie and Bella are getting along with Rylee, which makes us all happy. I’ll take some pics for tomorrow.    

No comments:

Post a Comment