About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #57 – Banks, Swimming, Buying a Tractor & a Happy Anniversary!


 

Monday, July 20th, 2020……  Today we needed to take care of some business. I needed to get Randy on my bank account so I called BofA and got an appointment. We also needed to fill out a request for change on the credit union account in SoCal. They are allowing me to just complete the form and scan and email it to them. We took care of that this morning. Then we headed off to the hardware store to get some more stainless fasteners and navy blue spray paint for the trailer fenders. On the way, I wanted to stop by Cascade Outdoor Power Equip. and check on the zero-turn mower and maybe buy it.  I had seen that they had moved it from where I previously saw it but when I asked, they said someone had come in the next day and bought it. They would look into getting another one and would call me. Bummer!  Here's what I am looking at:
We got back and worked on the trailer some more. I got the first and second coats of navy blue on the fenders. Looks good.  Dinner tonight was at Dos Arbolitos. On the way into the restaurant, we saw some wild turkeys just hanging out under a shady tree.  


We had a nice meal and headed back home to visit and rest and sat outside in the evening shade until it got dark and we went in and called it a night.   

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020……  This morning I made us all bacon and eggs for breakfast. After cleaning up, Randy and I headed off to Corvallis to the bank and got that business done. Then I drove us down toward Eugene, stopping at Tractor Supply to see what they had in Cub Cadet inventory. They only had the ZT1 (I want the ZT2) but David, the manager, is going to try to order one for me. He checked and they don’t have the ZT2 in a 54” size, so I opted for the 60” model. He will be contacting me if he can get that one going.  Then we left and went to the La-Z-Boy showroom in Eugene. I am looking to replace Lydia’s new La-Z-Boy recliner, which I bought her this past Christmas. It’s just too small for me when I use her room to watch tv.  Sis wants it so we will work it out. But the showroom in Eugene didn’t have anything that I was willing to buy today. I plan to check the Salem store when I get time. We got back on the road and got home a while later and came in to the air-conditioned house to rest.  Weather is in the high 80s this week.  I got a call today from Cascade Outdoor. Angela, one of the owners, has already got the order placed for the ZT2. It is $3899. everywhere and I also have a triple bagger catcher on order. She said it would be 7-10 days.  So, now I have a conundrum – the 60” at Tractor Supply is $4199.  BUT, I can get my military discount (10%), which brings it down below Cascade’s price – and this is for a larger model. I want to buy local and support the businesses here in town, but for the price I’m going with TSC.  But - I haven’t heard back from him yet so I don’t know if he can even get the tractor or not so all of this is up in the air at this time. But I’ll figure it out.
We decided to do a ‘linner’ tonight and we chose The Growler which was really good.



Wednesday, July 22nd, 2020……  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RANDY and MARYANNE! I’m so glad they chose to be here to celebrate it with me!  We started the day out with Maryanne and Randy heading off to Corvallis to drop Maryanne at the athletic center for a swim. On Monday, they had ridden their bikes up the big hill by me house here and had met some locals who they spent some time with. The lady invited her to the pool today so Randy drove and then went around the area for an hour or so to wait. Meanwhile, Penny and I mowed the lawn here. We got that wrapped up and they got back and we all rested in the shade. They have been fans of Coburg Pizza from their past trips up here, so they wanted to do that for their anniversary. Cherrelyn is working late hours so just the four of us went to dinner. Forgot pics inside, but I took this photo of the sign outside that shows us redneck farmers can practice social distancing too!


Once we got back home, we settled in to watch the sun set. Penny went home brought Cherrelyn back about 6:30 and we all had a great time sitting outside and visiting. Of course, we had to keep Rylee happy and, in her pool, to keep cool. Chuckles and Bella don’t much want to go in the water but Rylee will just lay in it. We sat out until it got dark and the girls went home. I watched tv until bedtime. Fun day!      

No comments:

Post a Comment