About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #103 – Moving Furniture and Lydia’s Back!


 

Sunday, August 5th, 2018……  Penny brought Quincy over for her walk and for playtime with Rylee. Poor Rylee, she waits at the back door until Quincy finishes her poop/walk. Then I let her out to play and harass her.  Next on my list today was a trip to Albany. Lydia called me as I was just pulling into the Big Lots parking lot. I was there to meet my sister to load up her dresser and nightstands that had come in yesterday. Lydia said that the day was nice and everything went well. Later, she sent me a picture with her, Lyn and Sandie….


We got the furniture all set up in Penny’s guest room. I also hung a mirror and a star on her wall before heading back home. It was time to feed the puppy. Poor thing, she is so neglected!  But we had all afternoon together. Later, I left her in the house and went out and got the catcher hooked up on the tractor and made a few passes and got all of the excess grass clippings picked up. If I stay on top of the mowing, there is minimum excess grass to clean up. Meals have been easy these past few days. I have stocked up on stuff to fix so I ate and then fed super pooper. I also went out and honed down the inside of her new bone. It is a real bone and had rough areas on the inside that I took the Dremel to. Now I can spread some peanut butter inside for a treat now and then. Tonight was the first and she sure enjoyed that!  I emptied the pool the other day so I will go out later and fill that up for tomorrow. The weather had cooled off a bit the last several days but it’s getting warmer now again so she’ll enjoy that.         
      
Monday, August 6th, 2018……  I got up super early. I fed the dog and then took off. My sister is coming over later to let her out again and play with her a while.  Lydia’s flight gets in at 8:08am so I wanted to get going and try to avoid the rush hour traffic. It didn’t work but at least I planned ahead and was able to get there early enough to wait in the cell phone lot. She had carry-on luggage so I timed it to meet her at the curb and off we went. Neither of us ate as we had planned to stop and eat breakfast together. We headed back and stopped at Black Bear Diner and had a nice meal. Once we got home, we had nothing planned. Lydia needed some rest and I ended up taking a short nap too. Later, we decided to skip dinner and snack. Bedtime came early for both of us tonight.       

No comments:

Post a Comment