About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #100 – Labs and Blueberries



Monday, July 30th, 2018……   Wow, 100 posts so far this year!  This morning we got up to see a little cooler weather. Rylee sleeps better in the cooler air (she stays at the bedroom door where she gets the night air). I wasn’t surprised that Rylee waited until 5:30am to get us up! That was ok – I wanted to get up and going early. I had to go do my labs this morning. My physical isn’t until October but they wanted me in sooner than later. Also, they just received a request from my 90-day pharmacy for refills and he wants to make sure that I’m doing ok on the meds.  So, I got up and showered and dressed and took Rylee for her walk. The timing worked out. Right before I left, the girls came by to walk Quincy and to pick blueberries. Penny took some home so this is about half of them.



Later, I texted Dana. I need their garage door guy to come out and fix my shop door. It stops and goes up like there’s something in the way. I also wanted to set up a date to take her and Tim out to dinner as a thank you for doing our garage. We set it up for Thursday. Later still, Penny and Marlyn came over. Marlyn needed to print her boarding pass and after a visit, we all left to go to Sweet Home for a tour and then to Skyline Diner for dinner.   

Tuesday, July 31st, 2018……  Sis took Marlyn to the airport shuttle stop this morning in time for her ride to Portland and then home (Stanton). When she got home, Penny said she was done for the day - and rested from her time with her friend. I’m glad the weather was nice and that they got to go and see and do a bunch of things. Meanwhile, we ran some errands which included a stop in Albany at Costco to pick up some of our supplements. Can’t beat Costco prices! We did see a dining room set that we liked before that was marked down $100. Even though the price was extremely attractive, we decided to pass on it since it’s not exactly what we had in mind.  Hey, we want what we want!  We came back home and let Rylee out and then took off again, this time to Walmart. I did forget one of the things on my list – cleaner for the gutters. Maybe tomorrow.  We fed super pooper and went out in the backyard to play with her and let her run for a while. Plus, she took a dip in the pool!  We got her dried off then Lydia made dinner and we caught up on America’s Got Talent and then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment