About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #105 – A Brake Job and Planning for Company


  

Thursday, August 9th, 2018……  Lydia and Penny went off this morning to play pickle ball again. I decided to make my ‘run’ to the two Habitat For Humanity stores in Albany and Corvallis. I also needed to go back to Kmart to return a sprinkler that didn’t work. No problem – Habitat had four that I picked up! I also got another 5-gallon gas can for the mowers. Total was $6.50.  Once I got back, it was time to help the hot dog cool off. Lydia had left to meet up with Penny. They were going to drop off Sis’s car for some brake work. I emptied the pool and cleaned it and refilled it. This is the part Rylee likes! She attacks the water coming from the hose and I can shoot it out up to 40 feet so she gets to run and the water and then hop in and out of the pool. 



Once dried off, she gets to come back in the house for r and r with me. The girls got back and later Lydia fixed dinner and we settled in for the night.    
      
Friday, August 10th, 2018……  Lydia’s friend, Linda, had sent Lydia a text about her block yard sale that was today so we decided to go this morning. It was also a chance to head over afterward to Shirley May’s for breakfast. After a few miscues, we found the right place and got parked. They didn’t have too much stuff and we bought some storage bins and a few other things. I kicked myself later for not looking more carefully at a backpack sprayer system and a pretty decent looking gas string trimmer. I’m thinking I could have bundled those two and got a good price. Oh well!  While we were at breakfast, sis got a call that her car was done so we left for Albany to get it. While at breakfast, I also called my garage door guy and the lady told me that he would call later in the day to set up a day/time. We got home and did a few chores around the house and then rested for the afternoon. I am trying to keep up on the LL regionals plus the Tour of Utah (cycling) so I stayed in for most of the day.  Loren called me back and we set up the work on the garage door for Tuesday afternoon. We also have been talking with our friends, Mike and Cheri, who are traveling in their rv. They are planning on coming by here on their way home.  Looks like they will be here either Tuesday or Wednesday. No problem – we’re ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment