About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #107 – Weeds, Mowing and Visitors!


  

Monday, August 13th, 2018……  This morning it was back to normal – Rylee got us up at 5:15am to get up on the bed. Even though she does settle down and sleeps for a bit it still cuts up our sleeping time. Ok, so now we get up and going! Lydia fed her and I showered and walked her. We ate in this morning and then I went out and weed wacked some of the areas prior to mowing. Lydia went out to pull more weeds. I had to wait until the grass dried out a bit but I was able to get going on the tractor about 9:00am I had everything pretty much wrapped up by 10:00am. I came in and rested and then went out to help Lydia a bit. Later, I went back out with the catcher and got all of the clippings scooped up and dumped. As I was finishing up, she ended up getting everything done and we cleaned up all of her mess and called it a day. We were done by noon. Good thing – it started getting hot about then. The weather is getting warmer again and this week we expect temps in the mid to upper 90s. We heard from Mike that they will be at the Columbia River Gorge later today. They are still around 300 miles or so from us so it will be tomorrow afternoon before they arrive here.  We also heard from Frances that she will be flying up here later in the month – that’s good news - but Raymond won’t be coming up with her. Bummer – we so wanted to see him again!   After all of our yard work today, we showered and relaxed for the rest of the evening. 
      
Tuesday, August 14th, 2018……  I got going early this morning. Rylee didn’t even have a chance to wake me up! I fed her, showered, and then walked her. I went out to get breakfast but before I did that, I stopped by my sister’s and helped her disassemble one of her recliners. She had a squeak in it that we couldn’t fix so she called and they will take it back on exchange. She wanted to put it in her car so we needed to take it apart. I got her loaded and she left for pickle ball and I went to get something to eat to take home. We spent the rest of the morning cleaning up around the house. Kirk was supposed to come today to work and to drop off the tractor. He called and will be coming tomorrow. In addition to finishing up the right side island, we plan on asking him to cut the weeds down that are way on the back of the property, on the other side of the creek bed. He’s got a mega string trimmer blade that looks like it could cut down a tree! He can have Caleb do his thing out there and they can get it all knocked out pretty quickly.  Yaaayyy!  Did I mention I hate yardwork! Later, Mike and Cheri got here. They had a nice drive and made good time. Turns out they left at the crack of dawn! I got them hooked up on the new rv pad and they settled in



and then came in and relaxed with us for a while. Suzie, their 11-year-old dog, had some issues with monster puppy. Rylee wants so much to play but Suzie won’t have any of it.




We needed to hang around the house until the garage door guy showed up. It got so late and we had skipped lunch so I texted my sister and she volunteered to come house-sit so we could go eat. We hit Pizza Schmizza but we all had sandwiches. We are going to take them to Coburg Pizza in the next day or so, so we didn’t want to eat it twice. While we were gone the garage door guy showed up. Corey went to work and quickly found the problem and fixed my garage door.  It was a circuit board in the motor. He also serviced the rest of the door parts. I’ll get the bill probably tomorrow and won’t like it but, hey it’s fixed now!  Yaaay again! After dinner, we all sat around and watched tv for a bit then they called it a night and went out to their rv to catch up on their sleep. I watched tv for a while longer and then called it a night myself.    

No comments:

Post a Comment