About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, August 13, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #106 – Pulling Weeds and Playing in the Pool


 

Saturday, August 11th, 2018……  Rylee is sleeping later now. It was after 6:00am when she wanted up on the bed. Nice for us!  Today we had nothing planned. So, we did some yard work. I hate pulling weeds – that’s why we have Kirk!   But today I went out to the back porch area flowerbed and dug down to loosen up the individual weeds so Lydia could come behind me and finish digging them out. Before she came out, I did go back and get the bigger ones pulled and filled up and dumped our trash bin. She has a little stool so she moves along pretty quickly and she got all of that one area completed in an hour or so, not counting a break for lunch! I went out and picked up all the tools and cleaned up so she was done for the day. We’ll do the other side of the porch another time. Later, I went out and picked up KFC for dinner. Then it was tv until bedtime.
      
Sunday, August 12th, 2018……  Again, we got to sleep in til after 6:00!  This morning it was 6:30am. Yaay!   I only had plans today to water the grapes/apples/blueberries and that won’t happen until later in the evening, so this was a lazy Sunday.  I think I will mow again tomorrow so we don’t have to worry about it when Mike and Cheri get here. We dumped and refilled the pool again. She was in and out of the pool several times so the white terror got her ‘water fix’ again today. I watched my games and races and Lydia caught up on some of her taped programs so pretty much that was it for us today.     

No comments:

Post a Comment