About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, August 24, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #111 – A Wellness Visit and a Ladder for the RV Garage


 

Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018……  This morning we had our in-home medical consult. She said between 8:00-8:30am. So, we got up about 6:30am, fed and walked Rylee, and cleaned up some of her toys before the lady got here.  She was a bit late and the whole visit took over two hours!  But it was time spent for both of us so it wasn’t too bad. Both of us are already scheduled for our yearly physicals so we’re good to go for now. After she left, Lydia made breakfast. We had bought some jumbo brown eggs at the farmer’s market and we wanted to get those going asap. They were yummy! It’s so nice to have fresh eggs, fruit and veggies. Then I went out and worked on the trailer. I got most of the wood removed and then it got hot out! So, I came in and rested and took advantage of the air conditioning for a while.         
      
Thursday, August 23rd, 2018……  This morning we got up and got going early. The weather has finally broke. We are expecting temps in the 70s this week. Yaay! The smoke is not as bad either. Yaay again! Lydia got ready to go play pickleball and I wanted to go to Burcham Metals in Albany to check out a platform ladder for my rv garage. You’ve seen these steps at Lowes and Home Depot – they use them to get stock off of the higher racks in the store. I wanted one to use to get up and do work on the motorhome. They had one that was well priced ($87.50) but wasn’t as tall as I wanted so I passed. I got back and started looking for others that I could buy. Most everything was $350-$700 plus freight.  When Lydia got home I told her I was going back to get the one I found and asked if she wanted to come with me. We took off and headed back and found it was still there. I got it loaded and came back home. I need to put a couple of rubber stopper pads on the bottoms but other than that it is ready to go. 


It’s not exactly what I was looking for but it will work for now. I’m still going to keep my eyes open for a bigger one.
We decided to eat an early dinner and watched tv until bedtime.     

No comments:

Post a Comment