About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, August 10, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #104 – Loose Dog and BBQ


  

Tuesday, August 7th, 2018……  I got to sleep in this morning!  Rylee wanted up on the bed around 4:00am but went back to sleep and didn’t wake us up until after 6:00am! Lydia got up with her and let her out and fed her and then came back to bed. Rylee came back to bed too and went back to sleep as well. Later, once we got all of our morning routines completed, Lydia went off to go play pickle ball and Kirk and Caleb came over to do some work on the flowerbeds. I spent some time on the bills and then worked on power washing a couple more squares on the front walk. Since the weather is warming up, it was a good day to do that. I also went out and adjusted the timers in the flowerbeds since I had them off for the work today. I went out later to check to see if the timers shut off and let Rylee walk with me. She saw our neighbor, Paul (Ollie’s dad) out so she beelined across the street to go play. I had to track her down and, since she ran over there on her own, I wouldn’t let them bring Ollie out to play. She had to ‘get home now’!  But later in the evening, since it was super hot today, we let her play in her pool before toweling her off and bringing her in. We settled in and watched tv and stayed in the cool house until bedtime.       
      
Wednesday, August 8th, 2018……  Kirk brought the lawn tractor back yesterday. We had taken it into the shop for service (spark plug, oil change, filters, etc.). They said other than the routine maintenance it needed, it was in great shape. I went out to the shop and moved things around so I could park the truck in there. It’s been outside for the past few nights. I’m still having issues with the shop door and up until now have been able to get it closed. But today I gave up and left it open. Still waiting for the garage door guys to get to us…
I started watching the Little League Baseball Regionals on tv. The eight regionals are held this week and by Saturday, the US teams going to Williamsport, PA will be determined. I always enjoy watching these games to see who the stronger teams are. If you know me, you know I have a soft spot in my heart for little leaguers. I loved my years of coaching my boys and enjoyed our vacation trip to Williamsport back in 2012.  If you ever get a chance to go there, do it!     
I also spent some more time out power washing again today. I want to eventually do all of the concrete on the property but I think it will be a long time before I can accomplish that task. Today I only got one more square done - one more completes the front walkway. Next up is the back porch, then the back walkway, which is shorter but just as dingy.
I took Lydia out to dinner tonight, just to get out of the house for a while. She chose Oregon BBQ. This place is really a mobile food cart, looks like a tiny house, and is now sitting under a carport of an older business on Santiam Hwy. The two windows on the side are for drive up and pick up. She said the rest of the older building will eventually be refurbished for a seating area. We had never tried this place since we got up here. The food was excellent! Lydia had a brisket sandwich with potato salad and cole slaw. She said it all was really tasty, the cole slaw average. I had a duo plate with sausage, pulled pork, cole slaw and baked beans. I loved it all, including the cole slaw.  We will be going back again!       

No comments:

Post a Comment