About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #116 – Working Around the House and Keeping Surgery Girl in Check



Saturday, September 1st, 2018……  The weather was terrific today! It started out sunny and in the 60s and got up to the 70s later in the day. After the normal start of the day, Lydia started in on cleaning up the inside of the motorhome. I worked out in the shop. She had previously asked me what I wanted for my upcoming birthday and I told her I was looking at buying a complete set of license plates from all 50 states to put up in my shop. She told me to go ahead and I could search and buy one on eBay. I ordered them a couple of weeks ago and received them a couple of days ago. So, I spent some time out in the shop working on the wall layout. I knew what I wanted to do but I had to measure and mark everything before I started. I got that done. Next step is 50 nails to put in. Maybe next week. I also need to soak the license plates and wash them before I hang them up. I’ll take before and after pictures when I get to this project.
Jury duty – I went online and checked the schedule – and I’m not on it! I don’t understand why because there are 160 numbers on there for three days next week – but it skips my number so I’m not questioning anything. Lydia and my sister start their term of service September 10 – 21.
Later, after both of us finished our tasks, we took off and went to dinner. But on the way, I wanted to stop by an address that has a boat for sale that I saw on Craigslist.  We didn’t stop, I was just curious. I may look into it later. I have an appointment to take the motorhome in to the shop next week to have the refrigerator worked on so that will most likely divert my finances away from boat shopping. We drove to Sweet Home to Casa de Reyes for dinner and then got back and played with our poor mistreated pet for a while. She is back to normal but we still are being careful about her overactivity. We let her run now but that’s about it. After we gave her a little playtime, it was a little tv time, then bedtime.   

Sunday, September 2nd, 2018……  Today was very quiet. Rylee has been getting us up later now. It was after 7:00am when she jumps on the side of the bed wanting to know if we’re up yet!
I have to admit, I like her new hours! Like I said, we didn’t do too much today. Mostly just a few things online, and doing my spreadsheet for my bills.  Later in the evening, we decided to take Rylee out for her walk. We had seen Ollie out with his new little brother. They got a miniature Yorkshire and he is so cute! So, we went out to play and introduce them. Lydia immediately snatched up the little guy and Rylee was so jealous! After a bit, Rich came out and then his wife, Linda. Then Sabrina and her hubby, Jeremy and their son brought out Camo to walk. They all had a ball! We had to hold Rylee back because of her stiches but she sure enjoyed herself. Turns out of the six dogs on the block, she’s the only female! So, all the boys love her! Sorry, we were so busy we forgot to take pics! Maybe next time. We ended up talking with them for almost an hour! Then we came back in and settled in for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment