About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, September 7, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #118 – Mowing Day & RV News


 

Wednesday, September 5th, 2018……  Today was mowing day. We wanted to mow all of the property (except the west 40) so I wanted to wait until Kirk brought back our co-owned tractor. That way we could reduce the total time out in the yard. I always get started by first string trimming all of the areas we can’t reach with the mower. I can do that as early as I want. But we usually have to wait until the dew gets off the lawn and the grass dries out a bit before we mow. We started that about 11:00am. My sister came over to help. I took the orange 48” Husqvarna out and did the tight-turn trimming and Lydia took the black 54” Craftsman Pro out to do the lawn area. My sister took over for Lydia and we got everything, including the back field, knocked out in short time. Lydia went to pick up Subway for lunch and then Penny left to shower and I got my shower and then it was Lydia’s turn. After that, we were beat and rested for the day. Lydia threw chicken pot pies in the oven for an easy meal.   

Thursday, September 6th, 2018…… Super pooper let us sleep in this morning. But she is always anxious to go on our walk. I try to do that right after showering and before breakfast. I took off on a breakfast/coffee run after the walk. But since Lydia was heading off for pickleball, I drove to Albany and had breakfast there. I made my usual visit to Habitat for Humanity then went over to the Linn County Dog Control office to get Rylee’s dog license. I took my folder that has everything. Problem was I held out the spay certificate and the rabies certificate and put them in a separate folder and then went and left that at home!  Duuuuhhhh! Oh well, I’ll come back tomorrow. When I got home, I got a call from the RV shop that the motorhome was ready for pickup. They reset the code and it was working so the charge would only be $55.00!  I was thrilled!  When Lydia got home we ate lunch and then drove to Sweet Home and she dropped me off. I paid for the work plus a fee to dump the tanks and headed out to do that. But first I checked the fridge and found that the error code was back! So, I headed back in and we decided I should leave it to be further analyzed. I’m thinking I still have the cooling unit problem but they will keep it overnight and check it to see if codes again. Bummer!  Later, I had Lydia come help me hang the license plates in the shop. This is before and after pictures.




The collection has all 50 states. Some are newer plates, some are older. All are actual plates and came to me boxed up, complete with road grit on them. I had soaked them and scrubbed all of it off and they look pretty good hanging on the shop walls. I now can look as we travel to see if there are other state plates in better shape and/or different styles to replace as needed…

My sister came by to spend the night. She has agreed to help out at her housekeeper’s yard sale tomorrow and asked me to walk Quincy. They live just around the corner so it works out for her to just stay here tonight. She had her treatment in Salem today and had an early linner so Lydia fixed dinner for just us. We let the dogs play outside until they were pooped and then we all settled in for the night.   



No comments:

Post a Comment