About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #125 – Mowing, Movies, and Running Errands


 

Monday, September 24th, 2018…...  This morning we got up earlier than normal. Rylee has been letting us sleep in a bit later in the mornings - usually until 7:00-7:30am.  But for some reason I woke up around 6:00am and got up instead of laying there. I showered and got Rylee out for her walk. Sis came by and Quincy and Rylee played for a bit. I took off for coffee and breakfast and Lydia got ready to go do lab work prior to her upcoming doctor’s appointments. We both left about the same time. I wanted to go get the truck washed. We then met up at 10:00am at the nail place for our appointments there. She had to go back to the labs after that to do the urine part of the lab. Once we both got back home, we rested for a bit. I took off to the local junkyard. This guy’s dad had been collecting for over 40 years and the son has been at it for over 20. Needless to say, they have a lot of stuff! Most of it is junk but I needed some metal to make a threshold transition from the workshop to the front garage shop and I thought he might have something I could use.  Before I left, our friend Chuck, came by to mow the west 40. My sister had made the arrangement with him for us. She wants to pay him direct as she feels she needs to help out plus she will be staying with us next month after her reconstruction surgery. I left and came back quickly because the junkyard wasn’t open yet/today. We decided this morning that we would try again to see The House With a Clock In Its Walls. We figured it would be easier to go to a Monday matinee. We were right – it wasn’t crowded at all. We both liked the movie, although it wasn’t what we expected at all! Afterward, we headed back home. Poor monster puppy hadn’t eaten in over 5 hours!  Oh no!   We got that taken care of and she was happy again!  We fixed leftovers and later settled in and watched some of the new fall season programs.  

Tuesday, September 25th, 2018…...  I realized this morning that I haven’t posted many pictures of super pooper lately. Here’s one I took a few weeks ago. Lydia had come in to my room so we could watch Guys Grocery Games on my tv. Rylee has to be wherever we are so she made herself at home. Because she’s forefront in the pic, it makes her look like a monster doggie. Yes, she’s 65 lbs. now and about the size of our full-grown Bailey, but she’s not too big – yet!



We got going this morning and after walking Rylee, I left and ran a few errands. Lydia was going to go play pickleball and I headed off to my sister’s to drop off about 8 bags of grass for her trash container. I also got down her fall decorations from the rafters and then took off for Albany to pick up a few things plus go to the Philomath Habitat store to check in there for anything interesting. I found another nice cabinet (for $10.00) plus a stepladder ($4.00) and the piece I needed ($1.00) for the threshold in the shop. I stopped at a farmer’s market and bought some ears of corn then headed home. I got back in time to find Kirk working away. He got more of our weeds pulled and then sprayed so we might keep them in bay. I relaxed and watched tv for a while then offloaded the cabinet and ladder and got those put away. That was it for my day. Lydia threw a couple of ears of corn in the microwave and made cube steak and hash browns for dinner. We finished the night playing with the white tornado and tiring her out so we could relax and finish the evening watching tv until bedtime.       

No comments:

Post a Comment