About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #123 – Mowing and Jury Duty


 

Wednesday, September 19th, 2018……  We need to keep on the grass mowing so that it’s cut as low as possible right before the rainy season starts and we have to quit for the season. So, we decided to mow it today. We needed to wait until the dew dried off the grass. I needed to go to Sweet Home RV to pick up my checkbook that I had left there so we took muttley for a car ride and headed there. I talked a bit with them about the progress on the rig. They are in communication with the Norcold warranty folks in Portland and they are getting serial numbers so we can see if there is anything they can do. Also, Mary told me that Sweet Home RV isn’t going to be able to do the install of the cooling unit. She says that they don’t have the staff and also her husband can’t do the work by himself. She suggested that we take it up to them in Portland. I have no issues with that but asked them to coordinate everything and give me some choices when I can take it there.
On the way home, we stopped at the Weddle Covered Bridge to give Rylee a chance to run and play a bit. Later, we got home and I went out and did some string trimming before mowing. I always get the mowers out and started and left Lydia’s for her. I got started and she came out and we got everything done pretty quickly. I set both mowers on the lowest settings to get the grass down as much as I could. That left a ton of clippings, but that’s on the list for tomorrow.  
Oh yeah, we had heard earlier in the day that my sister had jury duty today and got a seat in the jury but was not kept. So, she’s done. We cleaned up and had dinner. Lydia had made a crockpot meal and it was yummy. Later, we watched the finale of America’s Got Talent. I was surprised at the order that the top ten finished in but Shin Lim did win. Yeah!      

Thursday, September 20th, 2018…... Today was jury duty for Lydia, and teeth cleaning for me. She got up and going and out early so she could park in close. I left a few minutes before nine and got my visit done. I hung around inside the house for a while then went out and put the catcher on my mower and got the grass clippings picked up. That took about an hour. Lydia called me to tell me she was on a jury. Well, at least one of the three of us got on a jury!  A DUI case. She was recessed for lunch. The case was expected to go to the jury later today. But you know how these things can drag out. We’ll see.
Working out on the clippings, I quickly found out that I need a bigger trash barrel. I had to wait until this morning after the Thursday trash pickup was completed so I could start with an empty container. Well, I filled that up with just the clippings from the west side of the driveway! I have two more giant piles that will fill up two more containers. They tell me I can add cans out on the street but each one will be an additional $8-12.00 charge. So, I will put these in the smaller cans I have scattered around and transfer them when I have room. My sister’s (residential) neighborhood has a container strictly for yard waste so I will probably go borrow it since she rarely fills it. That will help a little. We don’t have that service out here since we’re considered rural and can have burn piles and take care of our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment