About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #122 – Just Running Errands


 

Monday, September 17th, 2018……  Back to work today.  Well, ok, not real work, but some chores. We have no rain in the forecast for the next few days so I wanted to run to Home Depot and pick up some more rock salt for my water softener. I walked Rylee, ate in, and then took off for Albany. I also wanted to revisit Habitat for Humanity. They had a step ladder and a workshop fan I was interested in.  I made the first stop at Habitat. The fan was gone, sold I’m guessing. The ladder turned out to have a broken part so I passed on that as well. I did see a trailer that attaches to the back of a lawn tractor and I have been looking for one. I asked but they said it wasn’t for sale. Odd, since it was sitting out in the lot with a bunch of other stuff. I will check back another day. I ended up with just the rock salt and headed home. Lydia did some laundry today and I stayed out of her way! Later, we both did some checking account work and paid some bills and then it was dinner and then tv until bedtime.

Tuesday, September 18th, 2018…...   After the normal morning routine, Lydia headed off to play pickleball. I had nothing on my plate today so I decided to head off to Eugene this morning. I am looking for a pellet gun for the coyotes and wanted to see what Cabela’s had. I wanted to take an alternate road to Eugene. I had just seen a quarterly booklet that gets put out in stores and restaurants. This publication lists all of the small towns in the area and posts events in and around there. They have decent maps as well and I noticed a road going south that comes out on Hwy 126 (just east of Eugene) that I wanted to take. It was an interesting road and went through the woods and also some farming areas and a few smaller towns and then came out in the heart of Springfield. While in town, I did drive by Graveyard Carz to see if they were filming for the new season (not) and then worked my way to Eugene and to Cabela’s. Then I wanted to hit Jerry’s building supply to check on a mailbox and a threshold. Didn’t see much more than Home Depot or Lowe’s so I headed back home. Lydia was working on more laundry so I just rested for a bit and then went out to the shop to clean up a bit. She and I both missed Kirk who worked on clearing out some blackberry bushes way out back that I had asked him to do. Later, we fixed chili dogs and watched a few episodes of Guys Grocery Games and then the first night of the AGT finals. I like the magician Shin Lim and Glennis Grace. Don’t care for the Aussie teen Janice Joplin wannabee. We’ll see tomorrow.      

No comments:

Post a Comment