About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, September 24, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #124 – RV Appointments and Chilling on the Weekend


Friday, September 21st, 2018…... I got up early and made a run to Albany to check again on the Habitat cart. It was gone. I also stopped at Lowes and Home Depot to check on a couple of things for the yard and shop. While I was out, I got a call from Mary, who gave me Ed’s number at the rv repair shop in Portland. I called there and left a message and when I was on my way back home, he called. I now have an appointment the first week of October to take the coach up there. So, I called Mary back and told her we were coming to pick up the coach. Lydia dropped me off and I paid the bill for the new batteries and used the rv dump and then went home and parked it back in the garage. I can now plug it in on 50 amps and make sure the new batteries get fully charged.  Lydia said she wanted to go see The House With a Clock In It's Walls, so we drove down to Eugene to catch the 4:50 showing. We got to the window and found that the reserved seats (these are the recliners) were all sold out. Only seats were in the front row and we won't do that. So, we went over to Buffalo Wild Wings and had dinner and then drove back home. We watched tv for a bit then called it a night.   

Saturday, September 22nd, 2018…... This morning we didn’t have anything planned. I walked Rylee and then we went to Skyline Diner for breakfast. I didn’t have enough room for all of the grass clippings so I left some in a pile. When we got back from breakfast, Lydia helped me bag them up. As I mentioned before, I will probably take a few over to dump in my sister’s yard waste can. Later, I went to Walmart to pick up a few things that Lydia needed for dinner.  We each watched our programs (I had Nascar races to watch) and then we headed off to bed.  

Sunday, September 23rd, 2018…...  Another lazy Sunday. Lydia had told me her friend Linda was coming by this morning to pick up some more moving boxes (she’s a friend that we met a few months ago who is moving to Arizona). So, I went out and got the ladder out to get them down. They visited for a while and then sent me out to get ten boxes down and loaded in her car. Lydia took off to go to Walmart to get bread for our spaghetti dinner. We had a nice quiet day and watched tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment