About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #119 – Yard Sale and a Pair of Sickies



Friday, September 7th, 2018……  Today we had plans to go to Chuck and Linda’s yard sale. My sister had agreed to help so she needed to leave before 8:00am to help set up. I had doggie duty. I showered and took Rylee out first for our normal walk up Oak Creek Way. Then I took Quincy out to the west forty like she’s used to. We still have some remnants of the weed pile that Kirk & Caleb and I are in the process of transferring out of here so Quincy hunted in there for a big part of her outside time.  Of course she still likes a few rounds of fetch with her tennis ball but mostly she hunts for field mice or whatever else she finds. Like I said, we had planned on going over after Lydia got ready. But – she came out and said go without her, she wasn’t feeling well. I took Rylee over there and we visited for awhile and then we came home so I could check on Lydia. She wasn’t feeling any better and said she had diarrhea and was nauseous. She went to bed and took a couple of Tylenol. I hung around the house and watched all three of the girls today. The pups rested and Lydia slept in between runs to the bathroom.

Saturday, September 8th, 2018……  Lydia was doing better but stayed in bed all day today. I did make a couple of trips to Walmart to get Imodium and Gatorade and soup and crackers.  She’s tried and can’t eat or drink anything without losing it. At least she has no fever but if she still isn’t better later, we will be heading in to urgent care or to the er.
(Later) she was able to relax and sleep and so we were ok for now…..      

Sunday, September 9th, 2018……  I got to bed pretty late last night and right away I realized now that I was in trouble! I was really queasy and I knew I had the same thing she had! Nothing stayed in and I was in for a rough night! I have never had that extreme kind of stomach and bowel issue ever! Wow! I now know what Lydia went through. The good news was that she was doing ok when we got up this morning. She took Rylee out and closed the door so I could rest. I ended up staying in bed all day. She brought me Tylenol and water to keep me hydrated and by the end of the night I was able to keep some peaches down. She was still having issues but was keeping things down and doing ok.    

Monday, September 10th, 2018……  We took everything super easy this morning. I did get up and managed to rest in my recliner all day and didn’t nap too much. Lydia took the monster mutt out for her exercise so we were good. We’re still not sure what happened for us to get this. It could be something we ate but since it took an extra day for me, I think she got something from the folks at pickleball. We’ll never know.

Another easy day.  Neither of us cared to do much. We were still not 100%. My sister came over to check on us and took Rylee back home for the day which gave us a chance to rest. She stopped at the store and picked up some things for Lydia to make for dinner. She asked for cube steak and Country Crock potatoes. Thanks, sis!  Problem was they only had garlic mashed. Bad choice for us and we could only eat a small portion each and tasted it all night. But at least it all stayed down. That was the last few days. Sorry that they weren’t that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment