About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #5 – More Dog Duty, Septic Work and New Lights



Sunday, January 13th., 2019…...  I slept in this morning. Last night I went to bed about 10:00pm and couldn’t sleep. I had some leg pain so I took a couple Tylenol pm. That was about 11:00pm and taking those makes me sleep well but I feel groggy unless I get enough sleep. So, Lydia got up with Rylee and let her out then later fed her breakfast and I stayed in bed! I got going about 8:45am and got cleaned up and dressed and then took the butthead out for her walk. When we got down to Lou’s, two dogs came out from around the back and started toward the fence. Turns out they were Taylor’s two labs that they brought down with them but I didn’t know them so we turned around. Luckily, they stopped at the fence. Later, I got a text from Lou, asking me to take back over feeding duties starting Monday morning.  Apparently, Taylor had talked to her dad and said she saw me and wanted me to come back because the dogs were friendly. They weren’t out again but we never did go back out on the road again. I did go out later to the workshop and work on that barrel I bought the other day. I cut out the top with my sabre saw. I still need to clean up the cut but it came out nice. I may end up with a couple more of those!    
Most of the rest of the day was spent watching auction and football. Mecum auctions ends tonight but Barrett-Jackson starts on Tuesday and I wanted to watch and delete what I have taped. Before heading off to bed, I had done just that so we’re good to go.  Lydia tried out her new induction cooker for dinner tonight. It works as described and is easy to clean. They say that the cooking surface shouldn’t get hot but it does. It’s ok though, and will work well in the rv when we travel.
       
Monday, January 14th., 2019……  I needed to go back this morning for one more time to feed Bailey and Lucy. Taylor fed them yesterday afternoon before they left to go back to Portland. Lou will be back sometime later today and will take care of them tonight. I did manage to take a couple more pics that show them (just) a little better...



After that, I went home and got monster puppy out for her walk then went off to get our coffee/tea/breakfast. I then started on the security lights on the garage walls. I really liked the old lamps that were there but they are worn out and unreliable. I thought about using the guts out of the new ones but that would have taken too much custom work because things didn’t match up. The new ones say they are waterproof and I won’t compromise that.  They went up in a couple of minutes each and I was done. They don’t look that much different and later that night, they both worked and the light is about the same so I’m happy. 

                                                 Old….


                                                New….

While I was working on the lights, Eric, our pest control guy, showed up for the 3-month service call. He did his thing and found nothing out of the ordinary and was gone in a short time. Later in the afternoon, I went to Walmart and bought some tortillas for tacos for dinner tonight. After cleaning up, it was tv until bedtime.   
     
Tuesday, January 15th., 2019…...  Took monster puppy out for her walk this morning and bundled up for that. It was 27º again!  Because it is not raining up here now, we just get the cold. But once the sun comes up, it warms up pretty quickly and is pleasant. High today is expected to be 56º. I fixed my breakfast and figured I would put together the bathroom cabinet we had ordered. But before I could do that, I had a phone call to make. Yesterday we had heard a buzzer going off and finally tracked it to the septic warning alarm in the garage. I shut it off and it didn’t come back on, so I thought we were good. This morning it went off again so I ended up calling Lisette at Affordable Septic Sys. They were the ones who did the inspection before we closed escrow and I liked her and kept her number. She sent out Misti and Dallas about 45 minutes later to check it out. They determined that the alarm sensor, that was attached to the pvc pipe with zip ties, had slid down on the pipe and was at an angle that caused it to go off. They reattached it using newer clamps. Upon inspection, they found that the sensor was cracked so I had them replace it before it failed. Lisette had said we needed a new one last year but we never called them back out. Anyway, it’s fixed now and the whole job with parts cost $150.00 so I think we got off cheap.


Kirk came by and worked on pulling weeds. He also sprayed weed killer in the blueberry cage. He had already weeded a foot or so around each plant last time but had to wait to spray when we had 3-4 days of dry weather.  Lydia took off later to get her hair cut and I hung around and rested and ate lunch. I did get the cabinet out and ready for assembly tomorrow. It won’t go up for a while so I’m in no hurry. Because it goes where a towel rack is now, we will wait on the install until we get the new towel racks bought and installed.       

No comments:

Post a Comment