About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, January 4, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #1 – New Year Starts Off With Cold Days and Us Fighting Colds


Tuesday, January 1st.,  2019…… Happy New Year! Last night we went to bed early (9:30pm or so). There were some folks behind us that shot off bottle rockets at 9:00pm. Quincy was a little nervous and Rylee was startled at first but both were ok after a bit. We were in bed at midnight and ended up with both dogs with us! It was unusual for Quincy to be up there but I guess it was the best place for her – with all of us together!
No rain in the forecast for the next few days. But the temps always get cooler when there is no rain. This morning at 7:30am when I took Rylee out for her walk, it was 27º!  Needless to say, I was bundled up pretty good! Sis came over about then and took Quincy out for her walk and then they headed back home. She doesn’t want to be around us sickies and I don’t blame her! We watched the Rose parade (kind of disappointing) and Lydia watched some taped shows while I watched football games. She had white beans soaking all night and got those going for dinner. It was a nice relaxing day and we enjoyed the time together.    
       
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019……  I’m feeling better although I still can’t talk (hey - no comments from the peanut gallery!). Still have a cough but it’s better.  Lydia has much of the same but she has her voice back now. I got going early and got Rylee out and walked. Again, it was below freezing. Good thing is that as soon as the sun comes out, it warms up quickly and actually becomes a pleasant day.  I did go out to get breakfast/coffee/tea but that was the only time I left the house. Lydia had to make a quick trip to the store but other than that, we were pretty much homebound for today.  
     
Thursday, January 3rd, 2019…... Today was another day of recovery. Lydia is much much better and I am feeling a bit better. We are both still coughing a lot but it seems to be less and less than before. We still have our appetites so that’s good. It will take time. So, we decided to hang around the house another day. It’s a shame, though – the weather is as nice as we have seen it for a while. But, after I walked Rylee and ate breakfast, I decided to take a few minutes to move the last of the boxes out to the shop. When I feel better, I will get them back up on the racks.  Lydia spent most of the day in her jammies but she so wants to get out and got dressed in case we needed to go anywhere (we didn’t). I took Rylee out in the backyard for a while. She ran and ran. Later, Lydia had her out again (off her rope) and she saw Ollie and took off. With Paul’s help, Lydia had her back and in the house pretty quickly.
Later, she fixed dinner and we settled in for the night and watched tv.   

No comments:

Post a Comment