About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #53 – Birthdays & Boats & Motorhomes


 

Thursday, June 6th, 2019…… I got up early this morning and showered and got Rylee walked then headed out to get something to eat and went on to run some errands. I needed to get some tile adhesive to reinstall that tile the guys knocked loose when they were putting in the oven. Plus, I needed to buy a new frame to replace one broken (by me) when I was helping them move out the old stove down the hallway. Lydia had two prescriptions and I got those as well on my way. Once I got back, I got all of those things fixed. We were contemplating going out and sweeping up the grass but I didn’t contemplate fast enough and it started to sprinkle. The sweeper doesn’t work well if the grass is wet. So maybe tomorrow or Saturday. I have been looking on Craig’s List at boats for some time now. I found one just listed today that is close to home so I followed up on it. I am going to drive there (Sweet Home) tomorrow to take a look.
Later, Lydia fixed steak burritos and we watched our own programs until bedtime. 
   
Friday, June 7th, 2019…... Happy Birthday to my lovely bride! Lydia has been getting calls and texts all morning. My gift is still on its way (Macy’s gift card) but we’ll go out to dinner later. She has chosen Red Lobster. I took off early this morning and drove to Sweet Home to look at the boat. It is an older tri-hull made by SeaSwirl. 








The previous owner was in the process of fixing it up and had the boat shop in town put new seats in it, which I liked. He painted the inside and outside top section a nice grey color. You could tell it was an amateur job because the paint is checking already. I’m ok with that. The best part is that its powered by a newer model 45 hp Honda four stroke outboard, with a power tilt. That’s what’s got me interested!  The guy who bought it decided that they couldn't pass up a deal they had on a motorhome and that they didn't feel they could keep both so they decided to leave the boat there for the guy to put up for sale.  The owner hadn’t made it in with the key yet so I wasn’t able to hear it run. Jon at the shop says he will set it up and run it and pressure test it and will call me to come back. But I probably won’t hear from him until Monday, since he has to leave early for his daughter’s high school graduation ceremony this afternoon.
Ok, it’s later now… Jon did call back and said he had the key and ran the engine and it sounded ok. He wants to do some more tests but ran out of time. Probably next week.
Sis came by with Quincy. She had heard some thunder and was freaking out and our house is quieter so since we were going south to Eugene for dinner, she brought her over with her to stay here. We then fed them both and headed out to Red Lobster. Our meals were all really good. It’s been a while since we’ve been to a Red Lobster! We all had stuff to bring home, including a whole basket of their cheese biscuits!


Penny left Quincy since she’s coming back tomorrow to help me bag the grass clippings. We watched our programs until bedtime. 

Saturday, June 8th, 2019…... This morning I decided the grass I had cut on Wednesday was dry enough after the rains we had on Thursday. So, after I had Rylee out and walked, I got the tractor out and hooked up the catcher for later. Sis came by early because we had her doggie and she wanted to take her for her walk. Then I let Rylee out for them to play. She took a few pics of them today…..


I went and got breakfast and she went back home to eat and then came back later to bag up the grass for me. I had set the mower low this time so we quickly discovered we had a LOT of grass and needed a lot of bags! We actually ran out and had to get some from the motorhome.  We filled over 20 of the giant Costco black bags. She took several home to dump in her bin. We don’t have a yard waste bin like folks in the city. They expect us to burn all of our yard waste, but I choose not to. I will put as many as will fit in our regular trash bin each week. I think that since the lawn is cut pretty low, the next time I mow we won’t need as many bags.
Later, after I got cleaned up, we took a drive to the Linn County fairgrounds in Albany where the FMCA rv rally was going on. We wanted to check it out. We got there and drove around the rv rows and checked them out. These were the ones dry camping with no hookups.  We then parked and no sooner got into the main hall when we saw our fellow Camping Squares club member friends, Jack and Jennifer Ting! They had driven their rig up from their home in Alhambra CA for the event. We talked and walked with them for a bit and saw the vendors room (maybe 20 at this show) and then they took us out to the other side of the building to show us where they were parked - in the area with power provided (but no water). They said they had come in on Tuesday but since they don’t tow a car and don’t move their rig, they hadn’t been anywhere. So, we took them for a ride to show them the area.  Of course, we drove them back to Lebanon to show them our place!  Jack said they really like the area and they might be interested in property up here in Oregon one day. Once we got them back to the rally, we said our goodbyes and left and headed back home. We hadn’t had lunch so we decided to stop at Wing Ming Chinese for linner. Once we got home, we fed monster puppy and I took her out for some exercise and then we both came back in and we all rested for the day. I had some races to catch up on and Lydia slept, oops, I mean watched tv! No dinner so I went out and put my truck in the garage and closed up for the night. We have no rain in the forecast for next week so I think I will get butthead’s pool out tomorrow for her to play in.        

No comments:

Post a Comment