About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #76 – Mahjong and Baseball


 

Wednesday, Aug 14th, 2019……  I slept in a bit this morning. Guess I needed to catch up from last night. My sister was already here and out with Quincy. Lydia got up and let Rylee out while I got into the shower. After they came back in, she fed the butthead and then went in and got her shower. She was going off to her first mahjong meeting this morning. They are looking to form a group at the senior center but no one knows if they will have enough. Lydia was gone for a couple hours so I knew things were going ok. When she got back, she said they will be meeting on Tuesdays. She needs to go out and get her mahjong card now. I didn’t have anything on my list today so I hung out with Rylee. We visited the pool and rested after that. She crashed for a few hours and I hung around the cool house watching tv.  Later, we went to Walmart. I needed to restock the garage fridge with soft drinks for Kirk and Caleb (and me). While we were there, we bought another HP printer. This one will go in Lydia’s room. It was only $40. – cheaper than ink! I am having color quality issues with the old printer. We’ve had this printer for many years, and over those years I have tried some off brand ink cartridges and they worked well, but lately with this last batch the color is bad. I have since gone back to hp ink and still have to replace the black cartridge. If that doesn’t work, we will still have a backup until we can buy another one.
We had roast for dinner and then watched the AGT results show. Every year we keep track of the talent and make our choices on who moves on. America votes now. I was surprised at a few who did move on this week. They chose a muscle strength balancing trio over a golden buzzer singer. Go figure!   Must be a bunch of ladies who chose the young hunks! 

Thursday, Aug 15th, 2019……  Lydia has agreed to print up some mahjong cards for the girls for next week. One of the ladies has her 2019 card and brought it over to print from. They will use them until they order their own cards. The lady who came over lives in Brownsville but plays in Albany at the senior center so Lydia has one more place to go if she chooses.
The Little League World Series starts today and I started in early. They got one game in before the rains came. They will have to play seven games tomorrow now to keep on schedule. Mecum is in Monterey this week/weekend. They have one car that is supposed to go in the $20 million range!  I think I’ll place a bid!
We hung around the house and Lydia made a taco casserole, something she just made up and put together. It was really good – a sure keeper!   

Friday, Aug 16th, 2019…... Nothing on the list today. I stayed home and ate breakfast at home and then turned on the LL games. I hate to admit this but other than taking Rylee out for her walk and then to her pool a couple of times, I didn’t venture outside except to get the mail. But I watched all of the games so I’m caught up now. We had stuff for spaghetti, this time with macaroni noodles, so she fixed that. We ended up watching Guys Grocery Games which we were behind on. We watched 3 out of the 10 I had taped. Then we each caught up on our own shows until bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment