About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #78 – More Little League, Chasing Deer, and a Little Rain


 

Tuesday, Aug 20th, 2019……  Weather is still hot here. But I slept well last night and was up early. Rooster (aka the Rylee dog!) woke us up but I was ready anyway. I showered and walked Rylee and then fed her and then fixed my breakfast and settled in to watch some tv. We are into the crunch time for the LL world series and had three elimination games today. In between, I watched and finished all of my taped Mecum Monterey auction. Lydia got herself ready and then headed off to her 10:00am mahjong meeting at the senior center. While we were watching tv, Rylee saw a small buck walking through the back yard.




We have had the same four deer (all small bucks) come through for the past month or so. So often that Rylee now knows when to start looking out the window to see them.
Kirk was coming today and we have plans to weed the front ditch area and then spray the entire back yard. He has a spray to take care of all of the clover and it won’t hurt the rest of the grass. But I will have to keep monster puppy out of the back yard for the rest of the day. I set a chair up in front of the slider so we won’t forget.  When Lydia got back, she had lunch and rested for the afternoon. She had got out cube steak and made that in a gravy to go over mashed potatoes. One of my favorites! We finished up the night, between outings with monkey butt, watching tv. Tonight was America’s Got Talent.

Wednesday, Aug 21st, 2019……  This morning we got up before 7:00am and got going. We were headed over to Corvallis. Sis came by and dropped off Quincy for a little R&R and we took off. First stop, after the ready-teller at BofA, was Wise Cracks Café for breakfast. They have recently changed names and remodeled and now have celebrity comedian’s pictures on their walls with a quote from them. It was our first time there so we never saw the old décor. The food was ok. I ordered the mother lode which had two bacon, two sausage, two eggs, and hashbrowns, with two biscuits and gravy. It was a lot of food and was ok. We’ll go back. It was just a few blocks away from the farmer’s market. Today, Aimee’s hula group was performing so we timed it so we were there for their first show. We hung around for that and visited for a bit after, then we walked around and bought a few things. The tomatoes are now in and they have peaches and corn now too.  It wasn’t too crowded today so we got through in a few minutes and then headed home. Once we got back, Lydia watched GMA and saw who was on the next Dancing with the Stars, coming up. We were disappointed but will still watch this season. I don’t think the cast and celebs they have this year will help them get their ratings back after last season’s screw up. We were both sad not to see Sharna come back. She was part of the winning team but is not on this season. Too bad.  Lydia took off again after watching the show. She went to the senior center for bingo. My sister met her there. I hung around the house and watched LL baseball. The rains have found us. This front is nice and cools everything off and helps keep the dust down as they work the grass fields. Once the seed is harvested and the hay is cut and baled, they turn the field and work in amendments and get ready to plant for the next season. This happens all around us here in Linn county, and the Willamette valley starts to look like the smog has moved in! So, the rain will help that for now. Plus, I can turn the sprinklers off for a day!
   

Thursday, Aug 22nd, 2019…... Well, the rain lasted just one day! It did give us a break from the heat but that will start up again soon. I walked Rylee and then went out and worked on the boat. I found I needed to make a run to get some stainless steel bolts for the stern light. I drilled out the old pop rivets on the old light and found out what color the boat used to be. It was kind of a baby poop color. I’m sure glad the guy painted it! I got the holes drilled and mounted the new light. This one folds down so now I can put the cover on easier. I also worked on some of the wiring. It’s ready to go now. But I still want to get the trailer situation worked out. Will make a trip to Eugene next week to check on a boat shop to see if they have a boat lift and if so, how much to swap out the trailers.                     

No comments:

Post a Comment