About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #79 – Baseball Finale & Plans for Another Family Visit


 

Friday, Aug 23rd, 2019……  Not much planned for today. We got called over to help unload a bench that my sister and her neighbor found at a yard sale. Once we got back, I took a fencepost out and drove it in the ground so I could rope off a tree to help straighten it. Over a year ago, we had seen this little thing growing next to one of our bushes and I wanted to pull it out. It was a wild seed from one of our trees up toward the front of the yard. Problem was, I forgot to do it and never asked Kirk to do it either. Like I said, that was at least last year. It has grown and nobody did anything about it. It’s turned out to be a nice tree and it can grow where it is and will shoot up above the bush that’s beneath it. I had Lydia come out and help me and I tied the tree to the post and pulled it as straight as we could. I think I can do better with Kirk’s help next week. I also dug out two of the three trees that Kirk had transplanted over a year ago from my sister’s house to a nice spot along our driveway. Too bad only one made it. Lydia stayed out and helped with that too. We cleaned up and then came in and rested and later had a nice dinner. We finished up the evening watching tv. There are no LL games today so I got some of my other programs watched.

Saturday, Aug 24th, 2019…… Today, the kids are back to baseball again. The two top international teams met and also the two remaining US teams played. The winners of each (Curacao and Louisiana) go to the championship game tomorrow afternoon. The losers (Japan and Hawaii) will play the consolidation game tomorrow morning.
Today was also the day we had on our calendar for the Christman’s bbq/pool party. For those of you who have been here before, they are the first house on the left when you turn on our street. So, at 2:00pm we walked down and joined the party. We had a nice meal and met and talked a bit with most of them. Some of the kids and grandkids went in their pool. After a few hours, the party wound down and we came back home and had the rest of the evening to rest and relax and watch tv. Of course, I had to get monster puppy out for a while to give her some exercise and let her run a bit after being in the house most of the afternoon. I finished up the night catching up on the Saturday races and went to bed late after a long day.
   
Sunday, Aug 25th, 2019…... Nothing on the agenda today. The Little League games started early and so did I. Hawaii was outplayed by the better team from Japan. Japan gets third place. Later, the championship game started. I remember seeing the final game when we were in Williamsport in 2012. It was exciting to say the least! And this game did not disappoint either! The kids from New Orleans took charge from the first inning and easily dominated the Curacao team. Final score was 8-0. I had watched the Louisiana kids from the regionals and they were my pick to win it all. I was also hoping to see someone other than Japan or Korea representing the international side so when Curacao beat both of them, that made it work for me. Maybe one day we will get back there for another round. It is certainly something I would recommend that everyone go see at least one time.
The rest of the day was spent watching more races but I finally got all of them caught up. We had leftovers for dinner and watched some more Guys Grocery Games. We also talked about plans for next week. We are excited because Frances is coming up again to visit and this time, she is bringing Raymond with her! It will be fun. They will only be here for three full days so we are trying to decide what to do while they are here. We know we’ll take them to the Enchanted Forest and the Carousel. Maybe we will go up to Silver Falls and let Raymond run up there. Maybe the fish hatchery too. We’ll see…    

No comments:

Post a Comment